Jinn's house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rohnan came into view coming up the path behind Calan happy to be home. She caught Jinn’s eye and gave him a look in Calan’s direction. “Awww Jinn, you weren’t out here waiting for us were you?” She climbed the steps to the house and found a empty space on a bench to lay out. “Hammocks... we need hammocks.” She said as she closed her eyes but stayed alert to listen to any of the conversation. A sword tied to a time loop town was definitely interesting enough not to go to bed just yet.

Jinn smiles as he sees his three friends emerge from the forest and walk the pathway to the house.

"Of course I was waiting for you, given everything that is going on I couldn't up and dissapeare again. There is just to much to do. It seems that my student has quite the mystery on her hands."

Jinn turns to look at Calan, giving him a nice over.

"The Magus has requested our presence Calan. I imagine we are being tasked with helping solve this mystery. After we speak with Evo we will be searching out Billin so he can look over the sword fragments. Take your time though, it is still early in the day."

Calan nods, “sounds about right. I should visit the bathhouse to freshen up. Otherwise I’m good to go when everyone else is.”

Calan leans on the railing and takes stock of the potions and scrolls he has in his inventory. “How are our reserves? I haven’t really looked at them since before we all parted ways in the fall.”

"The chest is doing ok for the most part. My trip to New Acarthia did cost me more in protective potions and scrolls than I thought it would, but when Illiandra comes back i will put in an order for scrolls. I'm pretty sure that Phal will be more than happy to help restock the potions and alchemy, and I have to coin to purchase from Yetta, Kai, or anyone else should we deem it necessary. Plus Cato has been working on his scroll crafting as well, so I'm sure he would enjoy the practice. The treasury is also holding up well, and should be able to fund us just fine for a total re supply. I'll worry about that, you take your time and get washed up."

Jinn walks up and out his hand on Calan's shoulder and looks him in the eyes.

"Don't feel rushed, you will have time to deal with what happened however you need to. Just know the entire house is here for you however you need us. Now go change, you smell like forest."

Jinn smiles at his friend and returns to his seat.

"Not not make light of this situation, but we have a bit of time. It apperes that this town will come back at some point, so it's not really going anywhere."

Calan gave a half smile, at Jinns words. “Where is your time is a social construct quip?” Calan grimaces. “Just because it’s come back a time or two doesn’t guarantee that it will continue to do so.” Calan vaguely looks toward his counterpart Ellie. “Is there anything you need ?” He struggled to articulate himself. “I mean, has your experience left you, in, do you? Are you okay? is what I’m trying to ask.”

Jinn chuckles.

"There is a time for quips, and now is not one of them. Time itself is hard to explain, especially when it can be manipulated, reversed, sped up, and slowed down. This town very well could not return again, but I imagine that it is in a cycle for a reason. It is probably being manipulated by something powerful. I doubt they would stop suddenly for no reason, but it is a possibility. But it is a mystery, and that excites me!"

“Mmmm, it almost seems that someone is testing things on a small scale. The question is when did it actually start? Was the first time that Ellie remembers the first time that it was destroyed? If it wasn’t how was she able to escape the loop? And how to protect ourselves when we go there from getting stuck?” Rohnan speculated with her eyes still closed.

"That is if we even can get stuck in this loop. Is the town being pulled in reverse to a specific point of time, or is something destroying it only to recreate it and those within with minor changes."

Jinn looks up as he see's Cato arrive home.

"Good morning Cato, I hope today finds you well. Things are about as good as they can be right now. Luckily we have group of good friends and a mystery to keep our spirits high."

Jinn puffs lazily on his pipe, his other hand absentmindedly playing with his bottle, deep in thought.

"If we do need to return to Brighton it may be a good idea to watch from afar to gauge what exactly is happening to this town. We might be able to ascertain what is happening with in without risking being sucked into a time loop ourselves."

Elly nods as the rest arrive. "We were just theorizing a bit. I don't know if there's an easy way to know what's going on without going back, though." She taps her glass against her chin. "It is odd, after the fire took Brighton - well, the one I remember - my friends and I were there after a few weeks and things still looked awful. There were those giant elemental footprints, and probably a portal at one point with people dragged through it. So whenever things change, it didn't seem to happen right away."

She looks Calan over, then puts on her best winning smile. "Don't worry your pretty horned head about me. At this point, being in over my head is a bit of a lifestyle choice."

Standing, she drains her glass and sets it down. "I think I've worn on your hospitality enough. I certainly don't wish to rush you both, but I don't suppose we'll be heading out right away and I'm sure Evo has some thoughts on where we should start. Would you mind if we head back today and maybe I can catch Billin at the tavern or something before the day is out?"

Calan waves good bye to Elli before heading inside to start cleaning up.

Jinn gives Elly a funny look as she rises to her feet and chuckles.

"Hmmm... it appears I still have much to teach you. It is almost impossible to wear on my hospitality for to long, let alone in only a few moments. But I do agree that we should be heading out soon to speak with the magus. Let me gather my tools and actually get dressed and I shall accompany you to the tavern. I wouldn't mind hearing what Billin thinks about these pieces of sword."

With that Jinn heads inside to gather his belt, pouches, and weapons. After changing his clothes into something even more colorful and grabbing his brightest kimono, he emerges from the small home. Before shutting the door he turns and speaks into the house.

"Calan, whenever you are ready just head to the tavern. If we are not there then we will be in the sanctum speaking with the magus."

He picks up his beverage and looks at Elly.

"Shall we head to the tavern then? I'm sure there is a joke about finding a dwarf in a tavern..."

Jinn heads down the steps of the porch to wait beside Elly.

"Lead the way"

"Ah yes, how quickly I'd forgotten. See what one winter does to a lowly human? Completely forgot the legendary sylvanborn hospitality. I really must take notes.

"Hmm, perhaps we should start in the sanctum, Evo should still be there." She winks and gives a deferential bow. "Though I'd certainly hate to belay my mentor's orders."

"When you live as long as I have you really learn to take time and enjoy life. Part of that is ensuring that your friends are also enjoying life. However, if you bow at me again I may have to shatter your spell book" Jinn says with playful serious tone.

"You can save that for the other humans obsess with statistics or titles or whatever reason they tell themselves one must bow for them. That is not my style... Now... we are off to the sanctum!"

Jinn waves to Cato and Rohnan.

"I shall see both of you later today, let Calan know that we are going to the sanctum first."

With that Jinn starts down the pathway to the sanctum, ensuring that Elly was walking with him.

Rohnan snickered at Ellie’s statement of over staying the hospitality. Humans were so strange. “Well I’m finally going to go to bed if everyone is wandering off. Wake me if I’m needed for anything.” Rohnan walked into the house looking very worn out.

After cleaning up a bit Calan grabs what he needs and exits the house. “I know, I know, they are at the sanctum.” He says as he strolls down the steps. “My bedroom window is open and jinn has a big mouth, you could hear him halfway through the lux if you needed to.” Calan made his way down the path to the bathhouse where he would finish cleaning up. He wouldn’t want to stink out Evos office.

Jinn slowly walks up the dirt path leading to his home. Popping inside quickly to grab a drink and a tankard, he returns to the porch to his chair and pipe. Kicking his feet up into a bench he uncorks his drink and sighs a relaxing sigh.

"Amazing what a walk and a mystery can do for ones mood." He says outloud.

Rohnan woke from her nap and headed outside still half awake. “Oh Jinn, hey, back from you secret meeting? How was it? Got a plan to deal with the reviving town?”

Jinn lazily drinks from his tankard as Rohnan joins him on the porch.

"I mean it wasn't a very secret meeting given how many people were already either here or in Evo's office. Plans have been set, teams will be made, and Calan has been granted a student in Elly... under my supervision."

Jinn lifts to bottle and gestures to Rohnan, holding it up for her if she wanted.

"I figured it was time for Calan to take on some responsibility within the sanctum. Evo agreed and we felt like the town stuck in time was the perfect place to prove both of their abilities. After that me and Evo had a discussion about his favorite brothels in Calenhelm."

Rohnan shook her head no at the offer of a drink as she took a seat wth he back against the house and her feet along the bench , “Calan taking on Ellie as a student makes sense, and I know that he’s been wanting a chance to lead for a bit. Hopefully Ellie doesn’t feel like this responsibility that is so close to her is being taken away.” She ignored the comment about the brothels. “It’ll be good to have something else for him to focus on after last night.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back