Jinn's house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinn shrugs and pulls the bottle back, popping the cork and refilling his mug.

"No one trusts my drinks today... dunno why... Anyway, I made it very clear that her input on this situation was very important. This test is just as important for her as it is for him. She needs to learn how to speak up without fear, and he needs to learn how to lead... and work in a team. There is a lot they could learn during this test, from each other and from others. Hopefully they pick their team well."

Jinn gestures with the bottle in one hand and his tankard in the other. "They won't ever get over their head, I am still in charge of the both of them and will make sure nothing happens to them. But hopefully Calan takes this time and proves himself, I see him as a great teacher. I also know this will only bring out the best out of Elly, she will make a good battlefield leader one day."

Jinn sets his bottle and tankard down and pulls out his pipe. Tapping it out, he repacks it and lights it. a few moments later small smoke rings and floating above Jinns head, and with his free hand he picks up his tankard and takes another drink.

"Now" Jinn says, leaning forward. "have you ever heard of a place called the hen house?"

While Jinn pulled out his pipe Rohnan gave her two cents, “Marshal Elenor does have a good ring to it.” She said thinking of what she has seen of the eager, young spellsword. “And it’s not that I don’t trust your drink, it’s that I’m already groggy enough right now without it.” She wiped away any sleep still crusting in her tired eyes.

“And Calan is good at working as a team, just only with those that he absolutely trusts. Since he’s leading this mission and enough people are probably interested that it’ll be easy to keep people out who he’s unsure about. His trouble is that he tends to get quiet in the heat of battle and doesn’t give commands, learning how to keep his voice and not get overwhelmed by the situation enough to see what needs to be done will be his true test.”

She rolled her eyes about his last comment, “Whats the Hen House? Number one on yours or Evo’s list?”

Jinn smiled "I'm a firm believer in both if them. I know we haven't given them a task that is to hard, they should both rise to the occasion swimmingly. But for now I just sit a wait."

He leans back in his chair and looks out into the mid afternoon sky.

"The Hen House is definitely on my list to go to one day. Evo told me about it actually. It's a breakfast tavern near Valenhold. Apparently they cut a hole in a piece of bread and fry an egg in it... sounded amazing."

“I don’t think I’ve ever been, not that I can remember anyway, not that my memory is the most trustworthy thing. I don’t think that I’ve really ever been further east than than Calanhelm but who really knows, and it’s not like I really know anyone to ask.” She looked mildly annoyed. “Anyway, that breakfast doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to recreate. Maybe our mysterious new tavern keeper who seems to know too much might be able to make it for you?”

"Oh Artie... I feel like there is much more to him then meets the eye. He knows way to much for a simple tavern keeper. Plus, how was he able to open a tavern within the lux when the guardians have made it pretty clear that no one owns property here. How was he able to open a new tavern. Also... have we seen any of the guardians around lately? Given what happened the other night I would have assumed they all would have had a presence around town. Hmmm... anyway... I might have an idea to help you with your memory problems, and whatever else is going on up there." Jinn taps his forehead and points to Rohnan as he ways this

"Calan is very worried about you, you were the first thing he brought up when we first spoke. My late wife's tribe may have had something that would help you. I'm sure I could pull together the ingredients and whip something up if your willing."

A low rumble comes from the house, and moments later Phalaenopsis emerges from the door, patting the last remnants of ash off of his clothes. "Ah, hello Rohnan, sorry I wasn't out to greet you when you got here." he said, giving her a long and tight hug, "What's this about cooking something up? Are we going hunting for ingredients?"

Jinn cocks his head over to look Phal up and down. "What were you... why is there ash... actually... nevermind. I was just mentioning to Rohnan that there may be a solution to her memory problems. If she is up for an adventure of a questionable nature of course!"

"Preparations." Phalaenopsis replied simply, shrugging his shoulders, "Practice makes perfect, as the saying goes. But if the plan is for an adventure of questionable nature, I can grab my box and some supplies. I'm going to suggest we wait for Calan, though."

"I don't think Calan will be back for a while. He and Elly will be elbow deep in history books for the next few days. They are in charge of solving the mystery of Brighton, and that will require research."

“I’m not really surprised that Clan claimed to be worried about me. He’s been acting odd lately, telling me that I’m not me and such. Well actually not telling me so much as hinting that he knows something that I know that he knows.” She waved her hand, “it’s all over convoluted for the sake of it. I’m more surprised that he actually said anything about it, though is there is anyone who he would go to about anything, it would be you. I’ll actually be surprised if he chooses me to be part of this mission that he’s taking charge of.”

She returned Phal’s tight hug. “That’s perfectly alright, you look like you were,” she paused looking for the right word, “Busy”.

She turned to Jinn, “All of our adventures are questionable in nature. But if you want to go get high in the forest, we don’t need to go do it under the pretext of medicinal purposes.” She joked and then turned back to her normal demeanour. “Honestly I don’t know what good it will do though, You mentioned this plan of yours when you first came back. Some things are just gone to time, others.... well... that was the price that was required. As for all the extra stuff that isn’t mine, maybe it might work?”

"Oh, is this about trying to get the memories sorted out?" Phalaenopsis asked, although he'd already figured out the answer, "If that's the case, I'm even more in favour of having Calan participate; he's also dealing with... that... and if it's good for Rohnan it might also be good for him." He turned to Jinn. "But as far as ingredients, is there something specific you're looking for? I can just make... a little under 2 hours? Worth of Hallucinates, if you think that would work, rather than hunt for rare components if we don't have to."

Jinn takes a drink from his tankard as he listens to what Rohnan has to say.

"Its funny that you think Calan is not acting like himself, and he says the same about you. Quite frankly neither one of you would know what normal is for the other would you... given your memory loss. I can tell you that he is, for the most part, acting like himself. At least the himself that came when he was transformed into a sylvanborn during the magical flux that effected this shard. You however, you are acting a bit off compared to how I knew you before I traveled to New Acarthia. You're more... hmm... what is the best way to put this. Negative. You have built up this belief that no one cares about you, and that's just silly. Even the comment about him not picking you for Brighton is off. If he didn't that wouldn't be personal at all, given that two members of the sanctum are already heading it up. But you seemingly are taking it personally, when you wouldn't have before."

Jinn pauses for a moment

"That is what Calan sees, and talking about it with you wouldn't really fix anything anyway, given that you are of the mind that nothing is wrong. That and I doubt you would really talk to him about it anyway. So I have a possible solution, and old family remedy. I can not promise that it will work, but it won't hurt to try. Technically it is going and getting high in the woods, but it can be much more than that."

Jinn smiles and puffs on his pipe.

"It all what you want to get out of it."

She laughed “I’m more negative now? Okay. Sure. If that’s your impression then who am I to argue? As for believing if people care about me or not is irrelevant, I need to be the person who cares about me, because at the end of the day I’m the only one who I can depend on being here. And if you think that Calan us okay then you aren’t paying attention.”

She stood and looked off towards the busier part of the Lux. Quietly and somewhat defeated she said, “Make whatever preparations that you need to. I’ll try your plan. In the mean time I’ll be...” she thought for a bit, “at the blacksmith. There’s something that I need there.”

Jinn waits for Rohnan to be out of war shot before turning to Phal.

"That's exactly what I was talking about. I've raised teenagers and they were less dreary than that. Have you noticed much difference in those two? I honestly haven't seen much of one in Calan, but Rohnan is noticeable. I mean, after Calan became a sylvanborn I noticed a huge shift in his demeanor. Even after we got back from the nightmare realm I noticed a shift in behavior. But his changes have been happening since well before they mist walked. Rohnan's have all been after they returned... the problem is one can never see the problems within. Luckily I can brew up something that will... unlock some things. I really would like for them to remember who they are."

Phalaenopsis nodded at Rohnan's departure. "Good luck with getting whatever you need." he said, "And if you happen to see Billin or Morrigan there, tell them I say hello." He gave her a cheery wave as she left.

He listened to Jinn's question, and gave it some thought. "Honestly... I think they've both changed, but to what degree, I don't really feel comfortable saying. Calan seems more reckless since he got back, but also more protective of Rohnan in particular and everyone else in general; I'm not sure if that's a result of what happened in the mists or a natural shift as a result of changing into a Tari Nor during the magical flux. Rohnan seems both more independent and more in need of community than before, but I think has trouble expressing those desires in a way that doesn't come off as... brusque." He paused, mulling over his choice of words, but decided to forge ahead and face whatever came of it. "This might sound rude to both of them, but here goes. Calan is both acutely aware of Rohnan's desire for both independence and someone to look out for her, but is coming off as smothering by not accepting changes in her as they come and encouraging further growth. Rohnan's attempts at pushing Calan away so she can grow in her own way and not have him feel like she needs protecting is coming off as a drastic shift in personality that causes Calan to redouble his efforts to keep her safe, and unintentionally compounds the problem he's trying to solve. Neither of them can really give ground to the other without feeling like they've given up, but they also can't express this to each other without it becoming an argument because they're both equally convinced that they're in the right even though this isn't a thing you can be right or wrong about."

He took a deep breath, let out a heavy sigh, and wiped a tear that had formed at the corner of his eye. "It's just hard to watch, because ultimately I think this is something they have to figure out themselves and meddling will just cause more problems, but the fact that the memories they've taken on are, to hear them say it, indistinguishable from any of their own they've kept, makes it messier than it would be under normal circumstances. If Rohnan is or has been somehow supplanted as a person by the memories she received, like Calan suspects, that doesn't change the fact that whoever is coming out of that is just... 'new' Rohnan, if that makes sense, and it also means that the exact same thing could be happening to Calan, but at a slower pace that he might not be noticing because it's not as drastic."

Phalaenopsis looked around like he was trying to find something, but ultimately ended up staring down at the ground and nervously picking at the skin on his arm. "In the end, though, I hope whatever you mix up for them does whatever you expect it to. I have a bit of a stockpile of things, so if you need anythin g specific, let me know and I'll see if I have it."

"I'll let you know if I need anything. For now we can just watch and make sure they both stay safe."

Vanion approaches from the south. "Hello, Phalaenopsis; how are you, and um hello sir, I don't believe we have met?" Vanion exclaims as he fidgets with the braid around his wrist.

Phalaenopsis snapped his head up at his name, and turned, perhaps looking a bit startled, to Vanion. "Ah, hello! I'm doing well, and yourself?" he asked, plastering a smile onto his face, "Vanion, this is Jinn; Jinn, Vanion."

Jinn smiles a wide smile and shakes the new sylvanborn's hand.

"Greetings friend, as Phal said my name is Jinn, Jinn Wildgrove. You must be new to the lux as I don't recognize you at all. Are you by chance the friend that Calan brought back from wherever he went off to a few months back?"

Vanion shakes the hand of Jinn Wildgrove.

" As a matter of fact, um, Yes? That is unless he's brought someone else back. It has come to my attention that he sort of ventures off on occasion. You wouldn't know where I could find him, would you? We were supposed to go to the Calanhelm together." His voice trailed upwards with uncertainty as he said the word Calanhelm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back