Kid's Event 2011

All,

Before I scheduled the Kid's Event for 2011, I wanted to see what level of interest everyone might have. We've had at least one kid's event every summer for the past three summers and it's been a TON of fun.

Are people still interested in having another event this year? If so, please post here so I can take note of the level of interest. Also, if you'd be interested in helping out (NPCing, writing/running the event, whatever), please note it here as well.

Obviously, we'd try to schedule when there are no other Alliance events, if possible.

Thanks!

--- Eric Stehle

IvanDrake said:
All,

Before I scheduled the Kid's Event for 2011, I wanted to see what level of interest everyone might have. We've had at least one kid's event every summer for the past three summers and it's been a TON of fun.

Are people still interested in having another event this year? If so, please post here so I can take note of the level of interest. Also, if you'd be interested in helping out (NPCing, writing/running the event, whatever), please note it here as well.

Obviously, we'd try to schedule when there are no other Alliance events, if possible.

Thanks!

--- Eric Stehle

I'd love to write a good pirate story for the kids. Arrrrr!

That'd be great, Mike!

We haven't had a pirate themed event and I know the kids would love that sort of thing, especially in light of the successful Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

--- Eric Stehle

gryffin still has not stopped talking about the last event so i would love to be there again

I forgot how young is the min age, I thought it was 5, Mike/Eric am I correct.

As usual I would be there to run tavern with my sister. I would be bringing1 to 3 kids with me.And bringing chocolate and fountains and fruit too.!

Octaine said:
I forgot how young is the min age, I thought it was 5, Mike/Eric am I correct.

Yes, the minimum age is 5 years old.

I hope people are still interested. Please post here if you are!

--- Eric Stehle

Do we have a ballpark for a date?

Is there a tentative date yet for this event? Also, are the rules run the same as a regular event or is there some changes/simplifications so that 5 year olds can follow a bit easier??
I mentioned this to Mason, which may have been a mistake, and he's very excited for it. I'd like to mark it on a calendar for him.

Thanks,
Kathy

kathyrosen said:
Is there a tentative date yet for this event? Also, are the rules run the same as a regular event or is there some changes/simplifications so that 5 year olds can follow a bit easier??
I mentioned this to Mason, which may have been a mistake, and he's very excited for it. I'd like to mark it on a calendar for him.

Thanks,
Kathy

It's now set for July 30th weekend!

kathyrosen said:

Thanks,
Kathy

They do use a simplified rules system, though exactly what it is I can't recall.

[quote="Ezri]They do use a simplified rules system, though exactly what it is I can't recall.[/quote]

Cool! Hopefully can find out more at work weekend. He's already starting to plan. :)

Rules are simple, "hey kids see those adults with weapons, go beat them." and then all is well.

There is a simplified rules system. if your child is new to the game, I can send you the rules.

Basically, combatants take a certain number of hits and then they are down. Kids don't "die," though they require healing. There is no resurrection system.

There are also limited spells and other skills.

Again, I'd be happy to send out the "Kid's Rules" if you supply your e-mail address.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Eric,

when the new site gets going, do you think we should post those rules in pdf form (and heck, even have a section of the site dedicated to the kids game)?

-Robb

kathyrosen said:
Ezri said:
They do use a simplified rules system, though exactly what it is I can't recall.

Cool! Hopefully can find out more at work weekend. He's already starting to plan. :)

That would be a good plan...if Eric went to work weekends. :twisted:

Kids are brutal..wear a cup. But hillarious. Honestly was fun the entire weekend...and chocolate fondue

Back