Kid's Event 2011

Eric,

does the Kids game rule set exist in a pdf format? do you modify the rules each year after you find out new things about them during the game?

I wonder if that's something we could give to other chapters in case they wanted to run games like that...

Fearless Leader said:
2. People who have read my books. Heh! Seriously, at least six of the kids coming have read my novels and I want to have a few characters from the novel show up for them to act with -- I think they'd like that. Specifically I'd like to cast Darlissa the biata, Barinor the dwarf, and the goblin leaders Vax and Mog. And maybe Duke Frost. :thumbsup:

I just let my son Zachary read the thread and when he read Mike's post about the possibility of characters from the novel appearing, he went screaming around the house, yelling, "Yes!! Yes!! Where're my books???"

Mike, you have to have those characters show up. Zachary is now counting the days until the event!

Oh, he's asking about Terin..... any chance he might make an appearance?

---- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

IvanDrake said:
Fearless Leader said:
2. People who have read my books. Heh! Seriously, at least six of the kids coming have read my novels and I want to have a few characters from the novel show up for them to act with -- I think they'd like that. Specifically I'd like to cast Darlissa the biata, Barinor the dwarf, and the goblin leaders Vax and Mog. And maybe Duke Frost. :thumbsup:

I just let my son Zachary read the thread and when he read Mike's post about the possibility of characters from the novel appearing, he went screaming around the house, yelling, "Yes!! Yes!! Where're my books???"

Mike, you have to have those characters show up. Zachary is now counting the days until the event!

Oh, he's asking about Terin..... any chance he might make an appearance?

---- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Well, I need to cast the right people.

Terin is a 16 year old boy. I don't think I can play him.

Darlissa is a biata, and someone can easily play her.

Rendal is a muscular black man, so we need someone to play him.

There are others I can cast -- but first I need to know who is showing up to NPC!

This sounds like a ton of fun! I would be happy to come NPC, but I can't commit to it yet. It all depends on where I find a job, and if I am still in PA (but still haven't gotten a car) if I can get a ride. I'll let you know as soon as I know! Summer after graduation is kind of horrifyingly open-ended... o_o

Mike I've read the books...**Runs around to find them again for a refreasher**

I'll play Darlissa as long and John wants to let little kids beat on him. I'm just gonna need an idea and or help creating contumeing for her cause as you know Lanna's a Roma...I don't have much that would fit Darlissa.....

Awesome.

Is anyone else planning to attend the Kid's Event?

Mike, how's the event writing going?

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Well some family stuff came up for that weekend so I gotta nix my prior post. As much as I'd love to be there

Mason and I will definitely be there. Not so sure about Aaron and Sadie.

Mason is 6, so sorry, Mike, hasn't read your books yet - unless there's picture versions? :p

I'll be there to help out/NPC whatever.

If Aaron and Sadie come, Sadie is only 4 so not sure to what extent she'll be able to play, although I know that she would want to be just like the rest of the big kids. Aaron would help out too....

PDF version of the rules would be great, didn't get a chance to get them earlier this year.

Kathy

REMINDER!!!

The Kid's event is scheduled for July 30th and 31st. It looks like we're going to have a good turnout of kids, so please consider NPCing.

Does this require two memberships, one for my son and myself, or can my son use my membership?

I am very much hoping to bring my little brother :) Camp schedule willing!

Looking forward to it

~~Elissa

kes166 said:
Does this require two memberships, one for my son and myself, or can my son use my membership?

Excellent question! Ditto??

Also - Mike: I'll be there and willing to NPC whatever. Let me know costuming wise anything you want special. I'll look for piratey things. Lord knows Mason has a stock of them that I might be able to "borrow".

Kathy

< dan > said:
cant wait till my daughter is old enough. guess 19months wont pass:p
Dan,

I'm bringing my 15 month old & we are just tag team sitting and NPCing :)
I'm sure you an do the same :)

aara said:
< dan > said:
cant wait till my daughter is old enough. guess 19months wont pass:p
Dan,

I'm bringing my 15 month old & we are just tag team sitting and NPCing :)
I'm sure you an do the same :)

I have a 2 and a half year old that I would like to bring which would allow me to bring my wife to see what the hype is all about. She would probably only be observing, but is there a place that the younger than 5 kids can play while they are out there too? I don't want to bring my wife and two year old along if all they'll be doing is sitting in an area not doing anything.

If one of the family members is a member of HQ, then no other memberships for the kid's event are needed at this time.

Also, there is plenty of space for the younger kids to play, so please feel free to just come and hang out with us for the weekend.

Due to a pending change in job location i may be able to come npc.

Back