Literate Alliance

The Waylander Trilogy (David Gemel) is like that. Waylander is by no means a "good" person. At one point, a prophet like character early in the first book describes him as "having changed sides, from the side of evil, to the side of good, at a crucial moment in history".

Being the best assasin in history takes its toll on your credibility as a good guy.
--bill

star wars

JEEEEEEEEEEZUM CROW I"VE NEVER READ STAR WARS!!! SORRY i was just saying I really like the sith lords!!! I HAD NO CLUE CHEWIE DIED!!! mY GOODNESS! :lol:

heheheheh

no seriously when count dooky is trying to convince obiwan that the republic is bad and led by a bad guy and stuff he was right...and with harry potter...voldemort was treated badly as a child and although i'm not an elitist despite my german arian breeding (hehehehe) i think that some of his ideas are right....just sometimes the villains go about it the wrong way and tick everyone off...gotta be subtle...

dreadpiratebill said:
Books I would recomend: (tho thats probly a list from here to infinity, here are some favorites (excluding star wars))

X-wing series--Michael A. Stackpole and Kevin Anderson (ok, I lied its star wars)
The Scar--China Melvile
Waylander Trilogy (Waylander, In the Relm of the Wolf, Hero in the Shadows)--David Gemil
Dune--Frank Herbert (I meen COME ON, its DUNE)

Soo many more, but I will stop there.
--bill

Stackpole is a hilarious guy in real life... He also does a lot of activist work to counter the "anti gaming" movement... Very cool dude.

Some recent writters and the series im currently reading:

Elizabeth Moon ( Vatta's War- Psi-Fi space odysey following a female lead which progresses from thriller to military SF)
Jim Butcher ( Dresden Files- An amazing series following a modern day wizard who eeks out a living as a private investigator really good one-liners)
John Ringo ( Military Fic usually pretty juvenile but fun quick reads)

Some all time favorites:

Timothy Zahn ( Star Warz!)
Orson Scott Card ( Ender series was the first non star wars Sci-Fi i ever read)
David Gehrold ( The Chtorr series is great)

Enjoy!

Well, I've been reading a bunch here over the last few weeks...

Tom Clancy - The Bear and the Dragon
Mick Foley - Have a Nice Day!
Chris Jericho - A Lion's Tale
Barack Obama - The Audacity of Hope
John McCain - The Art of Great Decisions
John C Maxwell - The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership

Also been skimming The Mystery Method, by Mystery. What can I say - I like the psychology aspect to it all. :-D

Mark of the Lion is a really good series for anyone into historical fiction, roman history...

Marcena said:
Fearless Leader said:
Marcena said:
Anyone else writing anything of their own?

Well, since you asked...

The sequel to the Fortannis novel "Arch Enemies" is being serialized now in the fiction forum...

Shameless plug Mr. V. Shameless plug! :p

Well, seriously, if I can be honest here, I am a bit depressed that more Alliance people aren't interested in reading my book. I mean, come on, it's all about biata and necromancy and Ashbury and prophecies and Duke Frost and stuff, and it's getting good reviews and is selling pretty well (for the minor publishing house I am with). People who don't know anything about the Alliance are enjoying it, so why aren't more Alliance people enjoying it?

:(

So I keep pushing it.

well I would buy it if I had 25 bucks to drop down right now. I don't have it just now but I will consider buying it. I don't ususally spend much on books. I try to buy them used and paperbacks at yard sales and other mom and pop book stores. Also I like to know if there's sex in it and stuff before I buy it. I HATE getting a good fantasy novel and in the middle they stick some erotica scene. very annoying. if i wanted erotica i'd buy that. ya know?

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
well I would buy it if I had 25 bucks to drop down right now. I don't have it just now but I will consider buying it. I don't ususally spend much on books. I try to buy them used and paperbacks at yard sales and other mom and pop book stores. Also I like to know if there's sex in it and stuff before I buy it. I HATE getting a good fantasy novel and in the middle they stick some erotica scene. very annoying. if i wanted erotica i'd buy that. ya know?

It's $19 if you buy it at an event. If you want it mailed, it's probably cheaper if you buy it from Amazon.com -- I charge $25 because I have to ship it and that's expensive.

No sex in the book; it's written so that it can be sold to teenagers as well.

okay okay I'll get it for him...not sure who duke frost is but this should be interesting :D still waiting for an alliance movie NOT a documentary about an event but the actual story in movie form HEHEHEH

Jawesome!

Also, a trilogy I read in junior high that is actually pretty good: Fire Us. It's about the spread of this virus that everyone off except for children and old women. Five years later, this family of children is travelling across the country to find a man named President to get some answers about what happened.

I recently finished a Feast of Crows, by George RR Martin. Brilliant series, but not for the faint of hear of slow of mind.
I'm getting ready to read 1984 by George Orwell.

A Song of Ice and Fire is the name of the GRR Martin series that Feast of Crows is part of.

Its good.

And not really terribly well explainable in a short post.

Just don't get attached to any characters.

AllianceCHI said:
dreadpiratebill said:
Books I would recomend: (tho thats probly a list from here to infinity, here are some favorites (excluding star wars))

X-wing series--Michael A. Stackpole and Kevin Anderson (ok, I lied its star wars)
The Scar--China Melvile
Waylander Trilogy (Waylander, In the Relm of the Wolf, Hero in the Shadows)--David Gemil
Dune--Frank Herbert (I meen COME ON, its DUNE)

Soo many more, but I will stop there.
--bill

Stackpole is a hilarious guy in real life... He also does a lot of activist work to counter the "anti gaming" movement... Very cool dude.

Some recent writters and the series im currently reading:

Elizabeth Moon ( Vatta's War- Psi-Fi space odysey following a female lead which progresses from thriller to military SF)
Jim Butcher ( Dresden Files- An amazing series following a modern day wizard who eeks out a living as a private investigator really good one-liners)
John Ringo ( Military Fic usually pretty juvenile but fun quick reads)

Some all time favorites:

Timothy Zahn ( Star Warz!)
Orson Scott Card ( Ender series was the first non star wars Sci-Fi i ever read)
David Gehrold ( The Chtorr series is great)

Enjoy!

I don't sopose if I sent you all my X-wings books you could convince Stakpole to sign them? *sigh*. I always wanted to read the Dresden Files. Never got the chance, maybe I'll read those when I am done with the Hyperion books. Did anyone catch teh short lived TV show based on Dresden Files. Was it any good?
--bill

I am personally a fan of Stackpole's other works. His fantasy stuff is great, "The Dragon Crown" Series, as well as the stand alone "Talion: Revenant" were thoroughly enjoyable.

Back