Literate Alliance

tieran said:
A Song of Ice and Fire is the name of the GRR Martin series that Feast of Crows is part of.

Its good.

And not really terribly well explainable in a short post.

Just don't get attached to any characters.

Thanx for the heads up. I made that mistake with 1984.

tieran said:
A Song of Ice and Fire is the name of the GRR Martin series that Feast of Crows is part of.

Its good.

And not really terribly well explainable in a short post.

Just don't get attached to any characters.

True statement! He kills them off with a gleeful heart. Fortunately, according to Amazon.com, A Dance With Dragons is due to be released in September of 2008 (and about time, too!)

I'll have to put that on the list of books I need. Still recovering from basement flooding this summer...my poor, poor books...

What spoiler was that? He's definately not the only author that kills his characters...most of 'em do! You don't know who dies, or when, or how! And there's a new book coming out, which is an amazing thing!

A spoiler would be if I posted a list of all the people what you meet in the first couple of chapters that are still alive at the end of the most recent book.

I won't comment on how much longer the list of people that you meet in the first couple chapters that are dead by the end of the most recent book is.

(Spoiler Alert: Much longer. Like a whole lot longer. Like the Nile River compared to that little stream that runs through your neighbor's backyard. Its scary.)

Its pretty cool.

Yes.

I read it years ago.

Were you asking for an opinion about it as opposed to just wating to know if someone had read it?

I have not seen the movie.

And don't call me a jerk.

I figured that was implied.

It was ok.

I'm not a huge fan of his though.

But the first movie was a little wonky from what I remember as well as far as sticking to the book.

Okay, loaded question...

DC or Marvel? If either or neither, which issues/volumes/books/series are your favorites?

Honestly, I tend to have character preferences as opposed to publisher preferences.

Batman & GL are tops though.

And I'll admit to being a Wolvie fan on the Marvel side of stuff.

Back