May favs

oh yeah...

40. Dio
41. Emperor of Breakfast

good times..

syra pefferfoot said:
2) elmwise counting the minutes untill his destruction by the barbarians (how many did he get up to i wonder)

Every time I pondered stomping him into the ground, all I could think of was "But it's Ray!" I am 100% unable to attack any non-violent character Ray is playing -- it's a horrible weakness!

Such a good weekend. Thank you NPC's Plot and everyone else who made the event so enjoyable.

1. Elf Mod. APL 20ish mods are always more fun when the group is taped and have level dips. Thanks Gary for making it awesome and not just death.

2. Pantzike finally talking Az into using healing for the first time in about five years.

3. Later on using said healing to get key people off the ground when no other healers were near by.

4. Teaching skills and OOG Forgetting the lesson RP's "I can't really explain it but you get the point"

5. Speaking with Lord Galloway and getting some personal plot.

6. "I'm telling on you... I'm gonna tell my DAD!"

7. Sir douglas initiating the attack in the tavern against the mercenaries that we had to pay off while I was right behind one of them and quickly hammering him down.

8. Being laughed, and role-playing it until my face neck and ears were numb, convincing one of the other fey to not laugh me afterwards, not even five minutes later the second fey laughed me and ran off.

9. Being able to use shatter on constructs, one of my characters favorite uses for the spell.

10. The Barbarian group, I don't think I have ever been so worried about a single group of players. I couldn't believe how far the town would try to push even when the Barbarians out numbered other players almost 2 to 1.

11. The Breakfast King, People actually eating his food, and then having The King feed one of the gnolls that wanted to eat us.

12. Gnolls:We want to eat you
Us: Oh that's real original, do you know how many things have said that they wanted to eat us in the past two days?
Gnolls: Yeah... but we really are going to eat you.
Us: Yeah they said that too. Hey you like bacon? we got some really good bacon, and it taste just like us but better, BREAKFAST KING THESE PEOPLE WANT BREAKFAST!

Last but not least, seeing people I had not seen in years and the awkward moments where we both admitted we forgot each others names. There is so much more to add. but I am still wiped.

Quick ones:

Having almost my entire team at an event together by Saturday night. We were missing one or two who couldn't make the event, but overall I was happy with our numbers.

Walking into the tavern on Friday night and seeing Justicar Crowe basically seething. When asked what was wrong being told there was a "thing" by the fireplace -- seeing a fey and storming over to destroy it.

Colin: "3 waylay!"
Ator: "No effect."
Colin: "Oh, ****."
Ator: "16 Magic! 16 Magic! 16 Magic!"

Playing the Doomicorn on Saturday morning. At least half a dozen people had asked me leading up to the event if he'd be making an appearance. I am a dirty liar, and claimed nobody had said a thing to me about ol' Shadowmane. I certainly hope I kept the secret well enough and that his arrival was a surprise.
[Not so favorite moment: Spraining my ankle as Shadowmane while spinning around to fight Morai.]

As already mentioned, the Chaos Rift meat grinder module and the pretty much pure awesome ending. Gary: no matter how much worse you make the curse, we will find a way to exploit whatever you throw at us. Feel it! :p

My team completely owning the red cap's thugs after losing the initial dagger fight. We just needed that one embarrassment to piss us off and get our blood pumping so we could obliterate them.

Skald Theen dragging three gorgeous barbarian women into town with him over and over, with promises of a party that never happened. The presence of fae and tension between the Vanguard of the Crimson Storm and the rest of town pretty much killed the excitement for a celebration.

Shaking hands with Sir Wynn on Sunday and agreeing that friends can disagree.

A very friendly discussion between the Vanguard, Theodin, Grog, and Jack over a "bauble" that had caused so much strife and anger hours earlier.

Sean Metzler proving that he is the most hardcore player I know by jumping into his car as soon as game ended and driving 7 hours to continue the Void plot in NJ. Sean, you are the man.

I would like to once again thank the staff and all of the NPCs for another fun event. Having worked behind the scenes I know how hard it can be to get a game up and running and the group of you have done a stellar job.

There were a few memorial surprises for me this weekend such as getting to hang out with Ray N. and then unexpectedly seeing Nicodemus in town. The biggest surprise however was that with all of the battles Saturday I wasn’t sore the next day. This means I’ll just need to try harder next time.

Top Favorite – Telling my Jen that there was a baby at the event so maybe we can figure out some way she can come down.

Michael Hynes
(This weekend sometimes known as Elderman Goldsong)

42. "I summon a force to disarm your Theodin"

43. sean in drag hiding a bunch of treasure in his buzzooms

Boy, I am still recovering from this weekend, but it was worth it. Turns out that larping a few weeks before you're supposed to give birth is harder than it sounds :D

So many favorites, so in no particular order:

Getting to help rebuild Arcadia! Kai has had a "Save the MWE's" Crusade for a while, so it was great to be able to actually start putting it into action! Being handed the book of Arcadia by Elmwise was like a spiritual moment for me =P

All the fairy tale mods - I wasn't part of all of them, but I loved the Rumplestilskin mod, and when Doug popped out from under his cloak as the gingerbread man, I nearly wet my pants laughing.

Sunday morning with Jack, Avery, the Justicar and others - hysterical!
Jack: "What is that scroll in your belt anyway?"
Justicar:"Oh, that's to summon Void"
Jack:"Oh, I thought it was a stupidity test."

S'mores, bacon, tomato soup and mac & cheese. Yummy. That has to have been some of the best LARP meals I have ever eaten =P

Walking along with Medb and having Grall sneak up behind me and try to destroy the book, then turning around and confining him and having Medb have to hold me back from killing him.

All the barbarian/fae/mwe rp of the weekend - I screamed in people's faces, cried, and plotted all sorts of revenge - luckily I got talked out of the worst of it =P

I agree with the all things Elmwise - particularly the first time he saw me in the tavern and yelled "Watch out! She's going to explooode!" and later "That is the best threat ever. Some day I am just going to rift in on one of my enemies, say 'Count your minutes', and then rift out and never go see them again!"

The Breakfast King! Having a rather amusing marital argument about who the father of the baby was and then luring him off to ask him to help get the page back and hearing "Boy you're sexy when you're pregnant!" - all I could do was burst into laughter, put my hand on my head and say "That was wrong on so many levels"

The Arlequino RP. I am so sad to see him gone!!!

Bribing the bad guys to come over to our side and possibly preventing a whole lot of resurrections in the Doomicorn battle =P

Getting asked to do my first resurrection ever and having to resurrect a Fire elemental! Much thanks to Emily and Steve for helping with the story =P

Sir Wynn picking Medb's pocket and then claiming it was still noble because he told her about it afterwards.

Actually getting to use my break command and resist command abilities this weekend - I think it was a first that I used them all up both days.

All things Goliath.

Not being the only pregnant lady there!! And all the uterus talk that resulted =P

Feeling up Sean as the momma bear (OOG of course ;)

And of course, NPC's!!! And plot!!! And it was so great to get to see even more people I haven't seen in so long that I didn't get to see at the opener.

I probably won't be fully back until Octoberish (darned having to take the summer off to have a baby *grumble*) but I look forward to seeing you all....and I strongly suspect that I will pop in with the baby well before I actually come back to game. But until I see you all again....die loudly =)

oh and anyone wanting to get a hold of me for any reason - my email address is thelonemonkey at gmail dot com - and I am sure that right up until I have the baby I will probably be keeping up with the boards daily - after that I make no promises ;)

Realized I forgot one:

The rotating Meat Sheild of Doom: Wolf, Ithica, Grog and I in the Keep fight on Saturday night. I think Shane is the only person in the game that can fight over my shoulder while I am standing up.

Wow, my first event PCing in about 3 years... thanks for making it a memorable one!

In no particular order:

- My first ever in-game death- so freaking cool! Granted, I still think I should have gone to bed as I had originally planned, but it did make for some absolutely AMAZING roleplay.
- Elmwise- Grumpy Lumps! ^_^
- "Saving your life with two grill-cheese sammiches, THOMAS! YEEEEAAAHHH!"
- Both the mods I went on were 3 level 1's, a spike, and me with silly split profs. Still, lots of fun!
- "Oh! Mein lederhosen!" "We should kill her! And make her watch!" Dan and Kelly, you guys rock.
- Scourge's book of "How to kill things with no reading"
- Threatening Mike (don't remember his last name) OOG with shovelbeats if he hurts my best friend... :D
That's all I can think of for now, I should get back to work!

-Illana

I just wanted to thank everyone for a great game. It's been years and a few lifetimes since I've been able to play and it felt really good. I am also, quite frankly, completely amazed at the job the NPC's did. Your relatively small numbers were quite exaggerated by great playing.

And yes, I did Ward the outhouse. Anything to preserve queen and country!

I look forward to playing with y'all again soon.

Dimitri,
Douglas MacWilliam

in no particular order:

Using almost all my spellcrafting (silly last four levels). It's been a while since I've even been close

A new dark elf! Yippie for someone else to follow around and backpack

Having a guard team on the Tower battle

"This item entitles you to Braging Rights"

Expressions when Sun got anoyed that a wolf was resisting her sleeps and then repeatedly deathing it

Team Sword!

Morai getting searched twice, both times coming up clean

The character with maybe a few silver to her name normally being able to pull out 19 gold from her pocket (yippie for just spellcrafting)

"You never grew up as a boy" Yeah... of all people that happened to Sun

"I know you don't want to hear this right now, but is there anything you wish to hear/have around you during your rez?" (while lana's about to be circle rezed)

On the same lines... "Move, I can blow up the circle! Wait... I might oblit her... nevermind"

And finally, that damn horn took out my eye, but I got it in the end!

Jen (Sun)

Wow I have to say I had an amazing time! Being my first time playing out East this is my first really big game (in terms of people) and it was awesome. This is my 3rd full weekend event in my 3rd chapter so obviously I'm still low level and don't really know people much but I definitely felt welcome, made some friends and felt useful a few times. And to all ya NPC's and in charge people thank you so much, you run a fantastic game!

In no particular order...

1. Asking around and working all weekend to try and figure out how to get more spells copied into my spell book and finally copying over a full Celestial Book! (never mind I can't quite cast all of them yet. :D )
2. Getting hit with two Confine Spells right in a row out of the blackness and getting away thanks to Protective and Racials.
3. Going on the Palidar constructs mod... "What levels are ya'll? 18, 1, 1, 4, 6 okay...." And almost single-handedly rescuing the group by blowing most of my damage spells from a semi ambush after we tackled 2 constructs and had two more rush down on us.
4. Going on the APL 20 elf mod (me and one other elf both being level 4) with tapped high levels, saving the prisoners, making a desperate fighting retreat to a portal and then Wall of Forcing it to end a very clean and awesome mod!
5. Killing a few of the spracta in the last fight with my limited damage spells to save engulfed people.
6. Getting stuck next to the earth circle as pretty much the whole town fell in the Doomacorn fight and when I decided to make a break for it getting hit with "8 Normal" and a Pin and yelling as I ran, "Magic Armor Spell Shield!"
7. RP Awesomeness learning both Archery and better Celestial Magic.
8. Just observing allot of really high end level game and enjoying watching the awesomeness.

Oh, one definite non-favorite: coming home to find my Lyonshel mask sitting on the doorstep- it got delivered on Saturday. Garf.

-illana

Well.. I have to say it was a lot of fun playing a new character. Thanks for making my first time PCing my hobling so memorable!

In no particular order!

1) Managing going until Sunday without getting hit by a packet or weapon!
2) Saving someone's life within seconds of them rezing!
3) Backpacking my friends, so this is what if feels like to try to backpack gormegil!
4) Interviewing big baddies for the newspaper!
5) Breaking the Justicar.. muahahahah
6) Snuggling up to my fiance.
7) The hobling contest that I clearly won.
8) I CALL UPON THE EARTH TO CURE LIGHT WOUNDS!
9) Getting told my story sucked by Lord Galloway and retelling it in a quite epic fashion.
10) Being cheeky.
11) Getting a giant piece of paper spirit linked to me ..."Oh crap..."
12) Roleplay that really almost made me tear up when we left our sar to be executed
13) Palidar rezzing, intense
14) Ator and the barbarians, I think they actually liked me
15) PCing with Ray N.
16) Conversations with Mike H. I'm down!
17) Seeing my fiance beaming over Devon's adorable baby, "No we cannot take her home and no we cannot have one!"
18) New clothes! Threads of Time for the win!
19) Playing with Fire.. seriously.. Gary.. babysitting a live flame! Figment's dream come true.
20) A badass site.. castle fight! Intense!

I cannot wait to come back, though I think I am going to have to miss July... ::sigh::

the justicar's moment of frustration when he threw down his crown and admitted he does not belong.

the "second backdoor" being actually found in the tower.

dan approaching me OOG just before we rifted into the jack battle, intoxicated, shield-less, and with a horrible sense of dread approaching. and i SWEAR i didn't mean to hit gary in his man parts with that axe! when i NPC in july, i'm sure you'll find a way to exact your revenge. :p

friday/saturday late night shenanigans. anyone who was there i'm sure remembers a few choice phrases.

the fact that almost every one of you has mentioned the vanguard vs. the town animosity. i talked with shane earlier that week saying how i wasn't sure how killing the fae in town would go down. i'm just so glad that everyone enjoyed the aftermath.

"hey guys, what the hell is the town doing?"
"who kno....HOLD"
"ok, that's the doomicorn....walk away."

-Jamie

These are coming as I recall them, and in no other particular order; also, my body and mind are both still recovering, so please do bear with me:

1) Being pleasantly surprised by the ingenuity and adaptability of some of my NPC's.

2) I don't know if it was technically a favorite, but getting insta-ganked before I really had an opportunity to seriously consider dispelling ember... then being bound, carried to a latrine (which was warded before my mostly-closed, disbelieving, and suddenly dreading eyes) and then tossed inside. Dim, George, JP, Ray, and the rest of you, you're all very bad men, and that was awesome, even if it smelled terrible.

3) Seeing the mod I'd written to introduce a new plot arc and my little noble take off neatly, and have the intended "... Uh oh." effect on the locals. :twisted:

4) Holy crap, getting to see so many of you that I've missed for YEARS, let alone those I've seen fairly recently out of character. It is an honor and a privilege to work and play beside you all. also, it goes without saying that I met a lot of awesome new folks this time around, and I'll look forward to seeing you all again as well.

5) Devon's Baby Breastplate; It's definitely a good start, man, but you should get some back coverage, maybe some thighs, shins, and head stuff as well, and I was thinking kittens or puppies for arm-guards. Just remember; it's not as useful vs. evil characters as it is against the good guys, though even some bad guys will be distracted when she giggles, giving you enough time to brain them.

6) My amazement at seeing the piecemeal hockey stick claw actually go out, and further astonishment when nobody was hurt.

7) Being able to play a couple of big nasties. These are typically roles I do not play, but I definitely relished them, beatings inflicted upon me or not.

8) A thank-you I recieved after the event:
"Just wanted to thank you for the event, man. And to thank you."
"Oh, sure.... Uh, what was the second one about?"
"That fight, where you were jabbing between my knees? I was praying 'please don't go higher, please don't go higher.' and you didn't, like so many others have. Thank you."
... at least that was the jist.

9) The anticipation of next event; there's a lot of work yet, a lot of writing, and a lot of differing ideas to sort out beforehand, but I'm hoping that when all is said and done, we'll have something to tell fond stories of for the future.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
43. sean in drag hiding a bunch of treasure in his buzzooms

I swear to god I'll pay like three gold to see pics of this.

After near five years not playing, I can't say enough about this weekend; Sunday night I could barely walk, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Gary, Jaimi, Sean, Ray, and everyone else I'm crassly absenting - you run an amazing game, that came in second only to the joy of seeing you all again. Keep your game strong; we'll be back for more.

A special thank you to all the NPCs and plot staff for their hard work, and to the players who welcomed a few old guys back and putting up with our attitudes - we painted 'em thick, and your tollerance was most appreciated :)
Another thank you to the tavern staff, who made excellent company during breakfast prep and let me dirty up some pans in the back.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon,

Back