May weekend Pre-registration list: CLOSED

Re: May weekend Pre-registration list

My mom has been cloned! (She is now NPC #3 AND #10) It's an offshoot of the Dolly collective!

Duke Frost said:
Leara said:
mike wrote:
NPCs
1. Mike Ventrella (2 breakfast, 1 dinner)
2. Andrea Yaches (year membership)
3. Sharon Fructman (year membership, dinner)
4. Dee Kondrk
5. Scott Kondrk
6. Elissa Ward
7. Michelle Stagnitta
8. Alison Buntemeyer
9. Mike Strauss
10. Sharon Fruchtman
11. Amanda Cantrememberherlastname
12. Todd Navas

my last name is Robbins lmao

Actually, I wrote that. I've been editing the post as well. Meh.

I'm NPCing? :p

Ren Suzume said:
My mom has been cloned! (She is now NPC #3 AND #10) It's an offshoot of the Dolly collective!

You and your genetic engineering, Amelia. Enough is enough. Quit while you're ahead....unless you plan on cloning enough Stone Elves that we can bring the entire population of Saribdis into Fairdale. ;)

My parents support my genetic engineering hobby because plotting to take over the world keeps me out of trouble.

Leara said:
mike wrote:
NPCs
4. Dee Kondrk
5. Scott Kondrk
6. Elissa Ward
7. Michelle Stagnitta
8. Alison Buntemeyer
9. Mike Strauss
10. Sharon Fruchtman
12. Todd Navas

That wasn't me! It was probably Scott, who also adds names to this list!

Toddo said:
Duke Frost said:
Leara said:
mike wrote:
NPCs
4. Dee Kondrk
5. Scott Kondrk
6. Elissa Ward
7. Michelle Stagnitta
8. Alison Buntemeyer
9. Mike Strauss
10. Sharon Fruchtman
12. Todd Navas

Um, aren't you running the event?

Toddo said:
Duke Frost said:
Leara said:
mike wrote:
NPCs
4. Dee Kondrk
5. Scott Kondrk
6. Elissa Ward
7. Michelle Stagnitta
8. Alison Buntemeyer
9. Mike Strauss
10. Sharon Fruchtman
12. Todd Navas

Um, aren't you running the event?[/quote]

Indeed I am, with Ali and Mish's able assistance. I don't know if I'd qualify as an NPC though as I'll be behind desk for 80-90% of the weekend. Illana Ogan will also be NPCing.

Um... How does one go about reserving a space in the Common Room?

Ren Suzume said:

Pre-reg, first come first serve.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Ren Suzume said:

Pre-reg, first come first serve.

can I get common room space im not first on list but I am second ;)

let's be honest though... and I don't mean to stir up the mud here but... the common room isn't regulated by the pre reg list. Logistics isn't there telling people they can or cannot set up thier gear, they have enough to deal with as it is. I've pre reged a bunch of times and shown up to the event to a full common room. Which is understandable considering i used to show up at like 8pm. The common room actually goes to first come first serve at the site. And no body is there regulating it. So for the opener, I showed up at 1:30pm on friday, Helped Frank and Rich clean up the common room (it was a mess) and staked out a space before scott got there and made me shovel gravel all day (j/k i wanted to do it)

I tried to think about a better way to organize this process, but it's difficult. Lets say we map out haw many spaces there are in the common room. Then as the pre reg list fills up, we assign a space to that person (they don't have to be physical spaces since groups want to sleep near each other). What if someone were to pre reg and be number 1 on the list, and not show up till saturday?.. then there's an empty bed there someone could have used. so that sucks. unless we were to charge a fee of IG money to the tavern/inn to reserve that bed so that it deters that kind of thing... but then again, now n00bs can't sleep in the common room cause they are poor. It's a tough situation so I dunno what the solution really is until we manage to poor a crap ton of more money into Faireplay so they can eventually afford to build more lodging.

Then again, we all get those Bush sanctioned tax rebates soon. so there's some money we can donate to a worthy cause :)

If we set it up that you must pre-register to get common room space it's easy to solve. When you pre-reg specify if you are tenting, sharing a cabin with a larger group, or need common room bunk space. Staff looks at the common room and makes a determination on how many spots there are. When those X spots are full people need to make other arrangements. Then once pre-reg is done Mike E sends a list of people who have CR space to Scott, Mike V or whoever is going to be at the site early. Said person tacks the list to the wall of the common room. If you get there early but you didn't pre-register so your name isn't on it? Find another spot to sleep.

IMO its not fair that people who actually make arrangements ahead of time should lose out to those folks lucky enough to get to site early.

That being said, maybe people who tent it or sleep offsite but still pre-reg should get some sort of bonus for making space for others - maybe some gobs?

Most people pre-reg. I had only a handful of people pay at the door in April. Therefore, since common room is first come/first serve, just about anyone who set up their gear there had the right to do so.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Most people pre-reg. I had only a handful of people pay at the door in April. Therefore, since common room is first come/first serve, just about anyone who set up their gear there had the right to do so.

right but since there is so little space, there was bickering about who was what number ont he list and what not.

the only thing i'd worry about michelle's concept is the pre reg list itself. lets say the common room has 10 spots. so first 10 pre reggers who say i want common room get it... that's gunna go fast. and i'd personally like to know whent he pre reg capability for each event would be available so i could make sure i was there on-line the moment it went live ready to sign up like it was the last minute of an ebay auction and i really wanted that first edition bobba fett still-in-the-package action figure. having your friends giant expensive tent destroyed by torrenial rain and a bunch of your crap ruined because of it turns you off to tenting it.

then i'd wonder about someone who pre regs for his whole team and says i want all 10 spots or whatever. all speculation, but still.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not going to kill myself thinking about the common room space, as it is a temporary problem that will hopefullly only afflict us for a few more events. Play nice and find some space. It's called a common room for a reason. Show up and squeeze in! If you don't want to, bring a tent. Or sign up a group of six or more and get a cabin.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but the more time we spend worrying about a temporary issue is less time we spend on really fixing the issue. I have great faith in our players that they can figure it out peacefully and amicably amongst themselves.

Scott

that's cool. i agree sometimes there is too much thought put into stuff for no reason. (ie the tons of lets change all the rules threads when there is a new rule book coming out next year or whatever)

<<< ....it is a temporary problem that will hopefullly only afflict us for a few more events. Play nice and find some space. >>>

I have to agree with Scott here. This is a temporary issue and plans are already in motion to order more cabins as well as provide other lodging options. Hang in there!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Let's not forget that for the first few events last year, all we had were tent spaces -- there was no common room. Somehow we survived those events!

Every weekend gets better and better. It might be a good idea for people who really don't mind tents to bring them (gives you some privacy, too).

there is also the whole building thats still Ig game. You could sleep Ig anywhere Just roll out a bed roll at night and pack up frist thing when you get up. I dont think ive stayed in the same spot two times yet. But i also dont do the whole "ward" thing. Sometimes i sleep outside, other times ive stay in the chair by the bar. Im thinking of finding a few good hiding spots ths work weekend to go to as Walgar. I think its alot of fun playing like that and wish more people would stop useing wards oog so much its a really over powered spell in the frist place and should be a rit.

My two coppers
Tim

Walgar said:
there is also the whole building thats still Ig game. You could sleep Ig anywhere Just roll out a bed roll at night and pack up frist thing when you get up. I dont think ive stayed in the same spot two times yet. But i also dont do the whole "ward" thing. Sometimes i sleep outside, other times ive stay in the chair by the bar. Im thinking of finding a few good hiding spots ths work weekend to go to as Walgar. I think its alot of fun playing like that and wish more people would stop useing wards oog so much its a really over powered spell in the frist place and should be a rit.

My two coppers
Tim

Leave wizards and their Wards alone, you've been brainwashed to much by the barbar culture! :D

Back