My newbie questions

Apparently it is. In an old thread, I mentioned I developed the alchemy stick which is a PVC tube that has 13 Burger King straws stuck into it (each straw holds exactly 1/4 ounce of liquid). I roll each cure light damage tag around a Q-tip and stick it into the container. Then, whenever I need to use one, I pull that Q-Tip and tag, drink from the entire stick, and then go on.

Now, if there IS such an allowance to have 20 Cure Light damage or any one type of potion in a single, large enough container (1/4 ounce per potions) someone let me know.

Interesting fact. If you blow into the bottom end of the Alchemy stick, the person in front of you is hit with a barrage of cotton darts that each cure 2 points of damage. :)

Wraith said:
Still nothing. Like oil and water, potions can't be mixed.

I guess you don't know what an emulsifier is -- ever seen how detergent can be employed to mix oil and water? :lol:

Well, but really - I didn't think that I was opening such a giant can of worms. I hope that everyone is having fun.

I see that this question was posed in the ARC area.

ARC confirmed it - you mix em they're both blown.

Wow! Cool. So, if I want to destroy a necomantic potion I can role play pouring its "opposite" into the same phial, and "neutralize" the necromantic potion. Of course, I understand that it means that I "waste" an Earth potion doing it ... but I can use a small "Cure Light Wounds" to do so.

Really cool.

¿wouldn't it also mean that if you opened the Necromantic potion and poured it out on the ground, it would also be destroyed? moreso even, no "necromantic" energy would even penetrate the soil as it would instantly be rendered inert as it "mixes" with the dirt? heck, you could 'cleanse' entire stockpiles of necro-pots by just opening them during a light drizzle. that is pretty cool

Ondreij said:
Wow! Cool. So, if I want to destroy a necomantic potion I can role play pouring its "opposite" into the same phial, and "neutralize" the necromantic potion. Of course, I understand that it means that I "waste" an Earth potion doing it ... but I can use a small "Cure Light Wounds" to do so.
Sure. Or mix it with another necromantic potion of greater or differing quality and get the same result. "Evil must turn upon itself" and all that rot.

Mobius said:
¿wouldn't it also mean that if you opened the Necromantic potion and poured it out on the ground, it would also be destroyed? moreso even, no "necromantic" energy would even penetrate the soil as it would instantly be rendered inert as it "mixes" with the dirt? heck, you could 'cleanse' entire stockpiles of necro-pots by just opening them during a light drizzle. that is pretty cool
I plan to mix necromantic potions with my saliva in my mouth before swallowing them.

jpariury said:
Sure. Or mix it with another necromantic potion of greater or differing quality and get the same result. "Evil must turn upon itself" and all that rot

you wouldn't even have to mix it with a different potion. you mix two of the same variety together and it's still mixing potions. both become futz

Clearly, the easy disposal option will be putting spittoons in each Healer's Guild. Just pour any bad potions in there and then use it for getting rid of your chaw, too.

You choose your role play, and I'll choose mine. However, I like the idea that IF I happen to find two necrmantic potions I can destroy them both by mixing them (and, under the EVIL DESTROYS itself proposition that's pretty cool, too). I very rarely find two necro potions ... and Ondreij will NOT hold onto a necro anything, but will look to destroy it as soon as possible. The same is true of will-stealing potions. So, this ruling is cool for my character.

Thanks, ARC.

An Ogre is given a Necromantic potion to destroy, wanting to utterly remove its magic he drinks it and calls "Resist".

BEST EVER necromantic healers guild leader potion destruction. This was brought to you by EC-JP Caldaria. :D

Dreamingfurther said:
An Ogre is given a Necromantic potion to destroy, wanting to utterly remove its magic he drinks it and calls "Resist".

That is AWESOME, David. Thanks for telling that story.

I wish I could have been there.

Back