National

From the rulebook:

Dark elves have jet black skin, white or silver hair, and pointed ears. They rarely socialize with other races and keep to themselves and generally feel themselves to be superior to all other races.

So perhaps the three you met aren't really playing dark elves.

The rulebook also states that if people don't play their races correctly, they can be forcibly race changed to human.

Scott

i think if poeple don't play their race correctly they should be forcibly changed to a slug scavenger...or maybe a prickly pear NPC....HAAA!

i do know that there aren't alot of dark elves where i play so honestly if they only kept to themselves there'd only be those two or three...heheheheheh

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
i was just wondering if there are every any racial hatreds? PC v PC...i just cant imagine that everyone would get along so well? ya know what i mean? i've never seen PCs fighting each other ...besides the typical dramatic stuff....i would picture in my head that dog scavvys and sarrs would constantly bicker and fight...and sarrs would say dislike bird scavvies...(never seen a bird scavvy but i know telokh plays one) just wondering

My sarr gets along very well with the Eagle and Jackal scavvies from his desert home. :D

Dogs and cats aren't always enemies. Such a bad stereotype. My dog plays well with my cats and my roomie's ferret, and no she's not a kick-me dog. She's a pit-mix :)

Maeve said:
Dogs and cats aren't always enemies. Such a bad stereotype. My dog plays well with my cats and my roomie's ferret, and no she's not a kick-me dog. She's a pit-mix :)

My ferrets always played too rough for my cats. They made the cats cry and eventually run and hide.

Duke Frost said:
From the rulebook:

Dark elves have jet black skin, white or silver hair, and pointed ears. They rarely socialize with other races and keep to themselves and generally feel themselves to be superior to all other races.

So perhaps the three you met aren't really playing dark elves.

The rulebook also states that if people don't play their races correctly, they can be forcibly race changed to human.

Scott

Hey Scott, please be careful when mentioning things like "perhaps the three you met aren't really playing dark elves". I don't think you meant to insult anyone here but this could be mis-understood. Personally being one of the three mentioned, it is a significant character decision that my Dark Elf will be sociable with other races, it is not because I am not playing my race. In fact I am more scared of meeting other Dark Elves because of it. And if you'd ask anyone I'm certainly all about honor and slightly disdainful of the other races while IC. In fact I had a bit of a run in with other characters IG due to something I said to a certain Barbarian that I saw as the straightforward and honorable thing to say.

I also specifically posted a thread a while back asking if "sociable" dark elves were reasonable to a certain extent, and got pretty positive feedback. I am all for playing racial traits to the hilt but these IS also flexibility there within reason. :?

Am I wrong in these thoughts? I don't want people to think that I play a bad character... Or play one for that matter.

in my personal opinion ....if there were more dark elves...and i was playing one...i would stick to only dark elves, but there are only three ...i've only ever seen 3....thats not alot....FOR INSTANCE.....look at the barbarians at deadlands...when there were 20 of them at one event they stuck only to themselves and were rude to everyone else.....however...when only a few showed up...suddenly they were willing to be somewhat sociable with other races...its a pack mentality i think....if you're truly a loner you're going to die on the battlefield and may not get healed i guess is the thought?

Dreamingfurther said:
Am I wrong in these thoughts?

Yes.

In fact, I do not see any sign of the previously mentioned requirement (Its gold, and in a relatively square shape if you have forgotten, and sometimes you need to blow on it to make it work) for you to be allowed any thoughts at all, so by default all of them are wrong.

It is easier to play an elitist, when there are other people to be elitist with, otherwise you are possibly just going to sit by yourself all weekend.

My main is fairly anti-social, but rather than be flat out rude about it, he is usually tolerant of meeting new people, and just doesn't tell them anything important, or start 'small talk'. He will say what needs to be said, and move on.

People he at least doesn't think are out to stab him in the back, he will talk with and joke with.

Outward appearances do not make up the whole of a character.

Personally, I would trust the friendly helpful dark elf less. But then he might also be the white sheep of the family.

he might be the "drizzt" of the family? heheheheh i crack myself up!

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
i was just wondering if there are every any racial hatreds? PC v PC...i just cant imagine that everyone would get along so well? ya know what i mean? i've never seen PCs fighting each other ...besides the typical dramatic stuff....i would picture in my head that dog scavvys and sarrs would constantly bicker and fight...and sarrs would say dislike bird scavvies...(never seen a bird scavvy but i know telokh plays one) just wondering :D

man this subject has gotten waaaayy of topic ehhehehehe

I just remembered that i wanted to comment on this.

Nix and Kainen attacked each other here and there, and had a problem with each other for a good long while. Now they have made up, for the most part. Though sometimes they still don't get along so great.

And as for PC on PC action.

You are unlikely to see anything beyond the occasional honor combat, or yelling/screaming matches.

Anything beyond that is preferably not seen or remembered by anyone.

as i know your scavenger is a snake person what is nix? that the snake attacked it that is...just wondering....

Actually he 'attacked' me

Nix is a mongoose scavenger.

Actually Kainen has never attacked anyone unprovoked.

Well at least not anyone that can remember it...or press charges.

oh the guy with the great teeth and cool hat??? i wish i'd seen that!

so that's cool there are some animalistic instincts left in a scavenger...

As my raven scavvy I had a big plan to really lay into a crow scavvy, since ravens are really annoyed by crows. Unfortunately he stopped playing before I started Madcap.

hheheheh in another game once i was playing a raven and someone said "hey nice crow" i said "which car is yours again?" made a mental note to make a big white bird poopy rep and leave on his car

Sunnfire said:
Dreamingfurther said:
Am I wrong in these thoughts?

Yes.

In fact, I do not see any sign of the previously mentioned requirement (Its gold, and in a relatively square shape if you have forgotten, and sometimes you need to blow on it to make it work) for you to be allowed any thoughts at all, so by default all of them are wrong.

Personally, I would trust the friendly helpful dark elf less. But then he might also be the white sheep of the family.

Ah good. :D Now I am at ease knowing all my thoughts are wrong...

And yes, it is definately something that I constantly think about and deal with, being (to quote Bill) "rather friendly for a Dark Elf".

well...i've only ever played a dnd drow...which i'm told are different than alliance dark elves...be glad we don't play those kind of dark elves!!!i used to play a matron!!!! hehehehehehehe

Dreamingfurther said:
Ah good. :D Now I am at ease knowing all my thoughts are wrong...

And yes, it is definately something that I constantly think about and deal with, being (to quote Bill) "rather friendly for a Dark Elf".

Don't worry. We all know you're one shady mofo. ;)

oh yea... totally... just wait until my plans come to fruition... ;)

Back