National

Sunnfire said:
Actually he 'attacked' me

Nix is a mongoose scavenger.

Actually Kainen has never attacked anyone unprovoked.

Well at least not anyone that can remember it...or press charges.

Kainen kicked my dog.

~Joe

HE KICKED YOUR DOG?????? GOOD LORD!!!! ::makes mental note to kick kainan:::

as for eldarion being shady...that he is....i thoroughly enjoy his costume! especially the way his entire torso would be glowing aura in game...its one of my favorite homemade inventions for costuming.

the other cool bit of homemade packet holding i loved was the long eared elf in caldaria that is tetsu's mom...her arm bands rock

my hats are off to anyone who plays a heavily makeup'd char...i'd sweat it off in a ny minute!

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
in my personal opinion ....if there were more dark elves...and i was playing one...i would stick to only dark elves, but there are only three ...i've only ever seen 3....thats not alot....FOR INSTANCE.....look at the barbarians at deadlands...when there were 20 of them at one event they stuck only to themselves and were rude to everyone else.....however...when only a few showed up...suddenly they were willing to be somewhat sociable with other races...its a pack mentality i think....if you're truly a loner you're going to die on the battlefield and may not get healed i guess is the thought?

Maybe you should learn what the hell you are talking about before spouting off and assuming you understand our mentality, because you don't.

First of all, we were inundated with fae for the entire weekend, which was an issue for us. There were JUST AS MANY OF US at the opener event and we WERE, in fact, VERY NICE to everyone.

Second, it had nothing to do with race. In fact, about 5 of the 13 of us were barbarians, the rest were humans and an orc.

I'm glad you think you know us so well, sitting in one building all weekend long and making snarky comments when we walk out the door, but keeping your mouth shut whenever we were within ear shot.

Or, you know, making lots of OOG comments on the forums but being a mime in real life.

Grow a spine, and don't talk about my team. On average we have ten times the experience you have, and I won't even get into skill level.

yea, please there is no cause to go slinging around words. :?

On another note...

Sunnfire said:
Morai said:
Kainen kicked my dog.

~Joe

But then he ate him, so its ok.

Does this mean if I kicked Kainen's dog I can eat it? :D

Yes.

In fact you can only kick it, if you then proceed to eat it.

Though etiquette does also require that the dog be kicked prior to eating.

as kicking it after its been eaten requires regurgitation of said kicked creature? that would be difficult.......

Dreamingfurther said:
Hey Scott, please be careful when mentioning things like "perhaps the three you met aren't really playing dark elves". I don't think you meant to insult anyone here but this could be mis-understood. Personally being one of the three mentioned, it is a significant character decision that my Dark Elf will be sociable with other races, it is not because I am not playing my race. In fact I am more scared of meeting other Dark Elves because of it. And if you'd ask anyone I'm certainly all about honor and slightly disdainful of the other races while IC. In fact I had a bit of a run in with other characters IG due to something I said to a certain Barbarian that I saw as the straightforward and honorable thing to say.

The second paragraph of the rulebook on dark elves says what it says:

Dark elves have jet black skin, white or silver hair, and pointed ears. They rarely socialize with other races and keep to themselves and generally feel themselves to be superior to all other races.

If you are or aren't playing your race is an issue between you and the plot committee of your home chapter. How other dark elves will treat you is up to those PCs. IMO, if other players are calling your dark elf character "friendly", you very well may not be playing your race correctly, just like a biata who sleeps in wards or uses celestial magic items.

There is also a difference between socializing and dealing with other races. You don't need to be friendly and a best friend to every dwarf, elf and sarr to thrive. I've played my dark elf with only Dee and at other times with just three or four of us. We talk to and work with many other characters. However, we don't hang out drinking with them, hug them, dance with them, etc.

If explaining the rules further and saying that someone may not be playing their race right is insulting, then I guess we shouldn't even have a rulebook. Sometimes when I explain things to people they take it as a personal affront. Sometimes when I correct people, they get huffy and act hurt. That's why I rarely post on these boards anymore. The same thing happens when I tell people to finish their incants or that they need to watch it in regards to taking hits. People get defensive. So I guess I will "be careful" and just not explain and or/enforce the rules anymore. It seems to be what some people want. And then people get angry when their questions don't get answered, so once again I get put in a no win situation. I'll just remain silent then, as it takes less effort for the same amount of headache.

Scott

Duke Frost said:
It seems to be what some people want. And then people get angry when their questions don't get answered, so once again I get put in a no win situation. I'll just remain silent then, as it takes less effort for the same amount of headache.

Scott

I would prefer that you not remain silent. Your advice is welcome.

Gary

i thought in deadlands the dark elves caves and underground were getting flooded and forcing them up to the surface to have to live with normal elves...but i'm a newbie i get stories wrong...dont go by what i say..this is JUST a posting board...everyone is entitled to an opinion, right or wrong! we still love each other when its all said and done :D

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
i thought in deadlands the dark elves caves and underground were getting flooded and forcing them up to the surface...

That is correct.

ahh so then some dark elves being thrust from their homes are probably like "okay...let's just play nice until we can get a plumber in here to take care of the flooding, then we can go back to our black elf nazi meetings afterward but for now we'll have to make nicenice with the ignorant nondarkelves"

heheheh ...paraphrased of course.

in the sense of being racist elitests...i'm sorry didn't mean to offend. was the only thing i could think of besides KKK that was a racist elitest...

like seinfeld's soup nazi who decides who gets soup? i guess there are times when the word nazi is not allowed? My naughty. Point taken DukeFrost.

=\ I really didn't mean to make anyone feel bad. And really I think what we are talking about here may ultimately come down to a different definition of words. I took "friendly" to mean; willing to converse and deal with other people. Perhaps other people would think friendly means; dance and hug other people while giving them access to ones Ward. exe exe. :?

I really do value your opinion Scott, I'm sorry I mis-understood your comment, and I hope you do post again from time to time because your knowladge certainly is very valued. :)

Let's just try to keep an eye on the sort of metaphors and language we use here, please. It can get heated way too easily.

Thanks,
Gary

Thank you Garry. :)

Was that a Metaphor?...maybe a similie?....hehe

Back