Planning on Playing a Dryad?

paythin said:
But Cacti are fun! Maybe from a plot based background you could say at one point there could have been a first forest but it was wiped out leaving the few tough plants and Dryads to survive in the now harsh desert. It's all about how you spin your character background.

Justin H-

Oh, I'm sure it can be done, and I hope no one took my post to say you can't do it -- I was just warning the person who asked about it what the problems would be with it.

Fearless Leader said:
paythin said:
But Cacti are fun! Maybe from a plot based background you could say at one point there could have been a first forest but it was wiped out leaving the few tough plants and Dryads to survive in the now harsh desert. It's all about how you spin your character background.

Justin H-

Oh, I'm sure it can be done, and I hope no one took my post to say you can't do it -- I was just warning the person who asked about it what the problems would be with it.

Indeed what Mike said, if your'e planning on playing a dryad the better the character background the easier it would be for plot to mesh you in!

Huzzah to the new rule book!

Justin H-

The whole Cactus idea I had was months ago, before even the announcement of a Dryad race and on the theory of a "plant Scavenger" existing.
I still think I could play a hardier Thorn Dryad inspired by forest-growing cactus, like the prickly pear. Would that not get ban-hammered? ;)

Libras said:
The whole Cactus idea I had was months ago, before even the announcement of a Dryad race and on the theory of a "plant Scavenger" existing.
I still think I could play a hardier Thorn Dryad inspired by forest-growing cactus, like the prickly pear. Would that not get ban-hammered? ;)

Of course Libras you could always wait for your home chapters LOCAL Race packet to go with the National, read it over THEN decide where to play your character from... just sayin'.

It will be available as soon as the new rules go into effect.

Quinn said:
Libras said:

Of course Libras you could always wait for your home chapters LOCAL Race packet to go with the National, read it over THEN decide where to play your character from... just sayin'.

It will be available as soon as the new rules go into effect.

I can't wait! Christmas is NOW! And under that wrapping paper is a new race waiting to be played! ONWARD! :mrgreen:

I'm hopefully going to be a new player up there soon, as soon as I can afford the ride up from GA. I have a few friends who have been trying to convince me to play for some time and I've been larping at multiple games for 6 years. I'm hoping to play a dryad and I thought I'd drop some pics of my friend Jess playing a dryad at our game to give you guys some ideas. I think I have one of a male satyr, as well.

n551157246_1555934_167.jpg

n51104950_31326628_856.jpg

n50501433_31296961_2326.jpg

n50501433_31296954_5614.jpg

SOLAR007.jpg

n50501433_31105200_3366.jpg

I have a ton of fantasy artwork as well, from when she and I were planning on making twin dryads (fell through due to school work not allowing me to attend gathers), if anyone wants them. I'm sure they are around somewhere.

Hope this helps!

~Caitlin
Hi! I know this thread is super old but your images aren't available. Could you please send them again? I'm hoping to play a dryad soon and am looking for inspiration

Back