Planning on Playing a Dryad?

i think i might ask my rules person about that myself!!!

heh. if you like that idea, you should see my custom leather scroll books. I now sell them in game. any color, cusom designs available.

< / shameless slef promotion >

what's a scroll book?

i make hand made leather covers for composition books but i'm not sure it would keep a scroll rolled up

I use a faux leather material to create a kind of scroll carrying book. it is hard enough to keep the scrolls flat, but supple enough to bend and flex as they are meant to be worn on your belt. there is a leather strap too that is sewn onto it that wraps around it and snaps shut to keep the book from flying open and your scrolls safe from rain and tearing.

as my primary is a celestial scholar with no weapons, I rely heavily on scrolls. fill a bunch of those books and you'll never complain about the celestial scholar being broken again. I never run out of magic anymore. and, most importantly, i do it in style.

i'll be marketing them heavily next year when i can start producing more of them. i am sure I'll put the specs up in the dream realm. I don't mind shipping them either, i would just have to factor that into the cost.

post pic!!!!

i will, but i left my digital camera at work. so i'll have to do it later.

anyway... dryads. neat. more hippys.

i always thought the mwe's were the hippies until dryads got written

I play an archer/earth caster and I've never had a problem with packets. I make all my arrow packets out of one specific material (so they're all the same colour) and keep them in a separate bag (which I made the correct size to count as my quiver). When I cauliflower I just keep the spell and arrow packets between certain fingers and don't mix them and it's worked fine so far.

yes dear but you're coordinated! i've seen ya dance! hehehehehh i'm one of those people who can do one thing perfectly, two things alright and three things absolutely dismally HEHEHEHEHEH NOT a multi tasker but i'm gonna push the boundaries and do it!

I'd like to make a Dryad eventually. I really had fun playing one once as an NPC for an HQ Halloween weekend (Princess Poison Ivy, but she was a breed of Fae technically.) I still have her costuming, so I'd probably just figure out a way to recycle her somehow as a Barkskin Earth Adept with craftsman botonist, herbal lore and some other fun druidish/survival things.

But, I already have 3 characters. Squeezing in a 4th may only work if I can get the husband to play. ;)

heheheh my husband and i are making our secondary chars..mine is the dryad his is a wild elf....they don't know each other which should be ....interesting?

Those scroll books sound really awesome Rob. I could really use one of those. Where i would carry it would come up as the problem though. My character carries too much consumables already. Take away all my gear and i can barley do anything Lol. I'm like Batman. No pun intended cuz i'm a dark elf though....I kill you.

I can hook you up man. If you want a custom design, let me know. The more time I have to make it, the better. And since I got promoted to Mage's Guildmaster, I am so going to be selling these and other new wares at the guild. :lol:

Sweet.

I shall make my specifications to you in person.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
heheheh my husband and i are making our secondary chars..mine is the dryad his is a wild elf....they don't know each other which should be ....interesting?

Especially if your Dryad falls for someone else, eh? :)

It would even more interesting if you played a dryad and he played a MWE! :lol:

Two happy go lucky races + alcohol = role play = X

Solve for X.

Which of the 4 species would plants of the desert fall under? I fear my idea of a "Cactus Dryad" may have been thrown in the proverbial wood-chipper. :(

Being one of the people involved in the creation, development and writing of this packet- I would say Cacti-influenced Dyrad would be under the "Thorns" type. Please, remember as Mike V has stated several times, "you are not playing a Oak Dryad or Sunflower dryad" you are playing one of the 4 types. Remember not to get involved too much in the specific type of plant you are, because they are not that specific... the 4 types each will have always have a certain plants (due to the player preference) that they are somewhat like; but honestly you shouldn't be making a <specific plant> dryad

What he said. You would be a thorn from a desert climate. You would NOT be a cactus-kin! ;)

In fact, you may want to reconsider your character concept if it was based on being a cactus-like being, because dryads are supposed to be very based in plant life, of which there isn't much in the desert. It's kind of hard to imagine the desert being "the First Forest" that all dryads think they come from.

But Cacti are fun! Maybe from a plot based background you could say at one point there could have been from the first forest but it was wiped out leaving the few tough plants and Dryads to survive in the now harsh desert. It's all about how you spin your character background.

Justin H-

Back