Ritual System Update Discussion!

RiddickDale

Knight
New Hampshire Staff
Chief Publicity and Digital Content Officer
Please place any discussion/praise etc for the updates to the Ritual system here!

All rules based questions should be placed within the appropriate forum.

All I can say is : WHOA.

I just finished reading all of it. I am THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED.

As a player for the past 14 years and someone whose primary has 25 levels of rituals...... this is going to be awesome. :zonks: :hahaha: :wub2:

Robb Graves said:
I just finished reading all of it. I am THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED.

As a player for the past 14 years and someone whose primary has 25 levels of rituals...... this is going to be awesome. :zonks: :hahaha: :wub2:

You sir... just got buffed like whoa.

Lotta good stuff. Disappointed at the lack of Earth love, but definitely some good stuff.

You sir... just got buffed like whoa.

more than that i am seeing a real change in allowing the player to personalize their rituals and effect their chapters plot. the Ritual Committee could have just come out with the "select your flaw" update tot he system, and I would been the happiest wizard in all the land.. but instead, we got SO much more. It's going to take a while for me to really scrutinize these changes ritual by ritual (mostly because i haven't even cast them all or seen the old scrolls) but overall, it's just really nice to see so many of what I consider to be positive changes in the game. not just these ritual changes either, but overall, these changes, holding national events every two years, forming the committees, moderating these boards, release of the new rules, acceptance of latex, i feel like Alliance is catching up to the other LARPs and going to surpass them. This is the only game I want to play. :emo:

So your happiness got buffed like whoa?

? I'm still gonna claim that I'm correct. :twisted:

Yeah. I think this really will improve the game. I was happy to see how creative everyone could be, while still not going overboard in increasing power, which was, personally, my biggest concern. I think the increased emphasis on customization and rping the rituals is the best part.

Are any missing? I thought we changed a couple others.

Yeah, you forgot "The Spirit Forge and Race Change rituals have been removed from the game" bit. :p

I kid. These are all changes for the better.

Deadlands said:
Yeah. I think this really will improve the game. I was happy to see how creative everyone could be, while still not going overboard in increasing power, which was, personally, my biggest concern. I think the increased emphasis on customization and rping the rituals is the best part.

Agreed. This stuff is great.

I'd like to give a big thanks to the Ritual Committee for their work. They've put a *ton* of time and effort into making this happen, and it's great to see it finally get released to the public. Kudos to everyone on the committee for their work.

-Bryan

Polare said:
I'd like to give a big thanks to the Ritual Committee for their work. They've put a *ton* of time and effort into making this happen, and it's great to see it finally get released to the public. Kudos to everyone on the committee for their work.

-Bryan

Very much +1! Amazing job, Ritual Committee!

If multiple Formalists are aiding in a Ritual, ¿can each add their own Ritual Manipulation or is that right reserved for the Primary Caster?

¿Will there be a list of Master Constructs abilities and their relative DC/Reagent/PT costs?

On the sideby, ¡this looks like a lot of fun! Formal Magic just gets beefier and beefier.

There is no technical definition of primary caster other than who gets to use all their ranks and who adds 1 (more with formal link). I don't recall that question coming up, but it probably did. I will let one of the other guys answer that one.

Yes there is a list. I'm not sure why it didn't get put in there. Its pretty good.
I was going to leave it at that, but there is no reason for it to be a secret as its been announced.

Ill see if Bev wants to add it to her announcement thread.

Base Difficulty, Difficulty 4, 5 Reagents, 15 pts to spend
+6 Difficulty, Difficulty 10, 10 Reagents, 30 pts to spend
+12 Difficulty, Difficulty 16, 15 Reagents, 45 pts to spend
+18 Difficulty, Difficulty 22, 20 Reagents + Catalyst, 55 pts to spend
+24 Difficulty, Difficulty 28, 30 Reagents + Catalyst, 60 pts to Spend

-----------------Abilities------------------------------------------------------
For all <element> abilities you may choose one - Flame, Ice, Lightning, Stone.
Spell Channel is limited to Celestial aspect spells only.

+25 Body - 2pts (Max plus +100)
Resist Magic - 3pts (1/day per purchase)
Dodge - 10pts (1/day per purchase)
+1 Monster Strength - 2pts (Max +8)

Healed by <Element> - 12pts
Healed to Full by Prison - 18pts
Body Store: body appears Dead in place rather than auto-Resurrecting when popped - 20

Immune to Evocation - 8pts
Immune to <Element> - 6pts
Immune to Binding- 12pts
Immune to Curse - 8pts

Half Damage from Weapons - 18pts
Immune to Silver Weapons - 4pts

Claw Weaponry (Shield) - 10pts
Claw Weaponry (Two Handed) - 6pts
Claw Weaponry (Bow) - 6pts
Claw Weaponry (Staff) - 4pts
Claw Weaponry (Spear) - 6pts

Innate Reflect Magic (Except Shatter and Destroy) - 12pts (construct may not have additional Spell Shield or Reflect magic effects on)
Natural Armor 10 - 4pts

Sliver Carrier - 1pts
<Element> Carrier - 3pts
Magic Carrier - 5pts

Spell Channel Level 1 to 3 <Spell> - 4pts (1/day per purchase)
Spell Channel Level 4 to 6 <spell> - 5pts (1/day per purchace)
Spell Channel level 7 to 9 <spell> - 6pts (1/day per purchase)

Rip Free- Constructs with Monster Strength can Rip Free of some binding effects on a 3 count.
+1 - Pin, Entangle
+2 - Pin, Entangle, Bind
+3 - Pin, Entangle, Bind, Web
2 +4 or greater - Pin, Entangle, Bind, Web, Confine

Out Of Game:
Your Alliance Chapter will create a Monster Stat card and attach it to a Magic Item tag specifying this Construct. A copy of this Card must be kept with the campaign(s) you are playing in with Monster Desk for reference. Your local campaign may also have specific guidelines for this ritual and you must inform them prior to casting to learn them.

The empowerment ability makes me more than a bit leery, as do the abilities to reduce component costs, but the personalisation stuff is nice.

Wraith said:
The empowerment ability makes me more than a bit leery, as do the abilities to reduce component costs, but the personalisation stuff is nice.

I didn't want any component reductions, but they are capped, and empowerment is only weekend long, so really it cant wreck all that much havoc.

ZOMG!!!

This gives me yet another reason to sink points into formals! Here I thought I was going to "quit" at 12, but some abilities are available to those with 40+ ranks of formal...wow.

Throwing a 300 elemental damage packet is just smexy!!!

are there any make up requirements for the new master constructs , or are they basicly clones ove whoever is stored in them at the time?

Back