[.11] Seattle | November 9-11 | Thoughts and musings

I’m gonna at least have 10 Crits with my spellsword build, to go with my two Healing Strikes.

I dont think we saw any. It is super lackluster use of built. Much like it is in 1.3.

FWIW: With what I'm looking at for Arannin right now, I'd buy 4x Backstab and another 20 or so Back Attacks, intending to swing 10's from behind most of the time, and burst to 20s from behind for 40 minutes of "big fights" during the day. That's the current plan, anyways.

Dude, I’ll take a free 6th level spell.

Healing Blade works on all of your weapons, but can be Dispelled. Healing Strike works only for the weapon it's on, but can be Disarmed. Slightly different uses with their own pros and cons.

My character Peter, for example, will definitely prefer the spell version since he throws rocks in combat as well as uses his longsword. If you only have/use one weapon, or can't recast the spell, you may be better off with the Ritual.

Inquiry: Since the ritual is on the weapon, that would mean it’s also unaffected by death, yeah?

Additionally, could I activate it for 5 minutes and pass it off to a friend for the remaining five?

Edit: the ritual uses the text “that character,” so I assume passing it off is a no-go. Though that makes me think that Zeth could activate Healing Strike, get both arms Stunned, pass it off to Ko for a couple minutes while he gets it fixed, and then reclaim the weapon for whatever time is left.

Healing blade and healing strike ritual both seem good in certain situations. I'd be highly surprised to see many if any people take Foundation/Magistarium Blow for the cost its at. Has anyone seen its use?

Also, on a side note, I'd really like to see a claw only ritual. I'm not sure what it would do, but I feel like claw users are a bit boned for losing out on a bunch of rituals (even though they can't be shattered/disarmed).

Also, on a side note, I'd really like to see a claw only ritual. I'm not sure what it would do, but I feel like claw users are a bit boned for losing out on a bunch of rituals (even though they can't be shattered/disarmed).

An ability to do this was in the Paragon Paths but got lost in the shuffle when those got dropped. We've talked on ARC about a Body-targeting Ritual (so it goes if you resurrect) which would allow Claws to be the target of "Weapon" targeting Rituals; we'll chat about it again in our post-0.11 feedback conversations (I don't have my notes in front of me here - honestly we may have already agreed on one, but just didn't get it written up for the 0.11 playtest packet).

-Bryan

Most fighters jump into stealth for alchemy -> Dodge. Some also hit up create trap for a second dodge. You get more evades along the way too. It's a good way to eat up a lot of xp if you're happy with fighter stuff.
I would totally do this if I was not a hobling and had access to evade already. Though I am tempted to still for dodges. However those 12 build for alch preregs really hurt as they are not counted toward rogue abilities.

Gosh darn it. Herbal Lore not counting towards Stealth and Hearty not counting towards martial was supposed to be on my feedback. UGH.

Gosh darn it. Herbal Lore not counting towards Stealth and Hearty not counting towards martial was supposed to be on my feedback. UGH.
On that note, does Herbal Lore still need to be a thing? Neither Blacksmithng or Trap Making have prerequisites. I know Create Potion/Scroll do, but those are that you have a level of spell so that you can make something.

Also, "Educated" not counting towards scholar. Apparently it is not education that makes a scholar...

Also, "Educated" not counting towards scholar. Apparently it is not education that makes a scholar...

>.> Well, I mean, you're not wrong there...

I don’t mind Educated not counting towards Scholar, because Scholars have very minimal need for XP (and possibly zero need, if you avoid the Channeling route entirely). Stealth and Martial skills live by it, however.

Back