Show off your costumes

Robb Graves said:
does it stay put in full sprint?

i have a potion bandolier for my rogue wild elf... but when i sprint, i find it shifts too much or the potion part of it starts shifting toward the ground because of the weight of the potions.
Everything is fine. The cup on the bottom that holds the point of the sword is lined with rabbit fur and is very secure. The handle is now help in place not only with the prongs but also with a snap on a leather thong. I can draw it one-handed without a problem.

Sheathing it myself is a problem but I can usually take my time to do that. :p

1175651_10151765994410772_752697033_n.jpg

Lpfouts said:
Wow, pretty! Did you use a sprayer for the facial makeup?

Nope! That's all sponge and paint brush application. Sometimes I do use an air brush, but it's down for cleaning right now.

My Tarantulakin! I've been playing Theraphosidae for about 3 years now.
969894_10151684817670772_1579373436_n.jpg

I made the latex mask myself. It has embedded fur, and the lenses are sunglass lenses which are removable so I can still play at night on a weekender.
Not visible in the photo, I also wear a full black bodysuit with skintight hood that covers my head with stripes of fur on the arms and legs as well as a deconstructed backpack with 4 extra fullsize 'arms' made out of pool noodles with fur patterns to match the bodysuit.
575571_2699083055475_278543262_n.jpg

My character is frequently mostly nude, what with the bodysuit being an exoskeleton (and the OOG heat of the whole thing), but I have my bin of costuming including her tabbard with her sigil and lots and lots of costuming with holes in the back to slot the extra legs through.
247682_4173183147056_1730594448_n.jpg

It is very uncomfortable during summer.
1000533_4284545411043_1984303090_n.jpg

Ther is the MOST AWESOME tarantula! :-D

My second event was this past September with Alliance Chicago. I'm a Dwarf fighter named Draco (pronounced like draconic, not malfoy!) Ardel

1382254_10201995751196305_1083450312_n.jpg

Sadly I am not tailoring inclined in any way. Father always said, "Any job worth doing well is worth paying someone else to do it right" :p . A good portion of the outfit is from the Ren Faire outfit I already had and V for Vendetta costume I put together forever ago. The tabard is the only piece that was made. Bought the materials for it, and paid for a friend's tailoring services with beer, (having theatre friends helps). The chainmail is 16 gauge, zinc plated steel. The vast amount of AP is nice, but it weighs 22 pounds. I haven't figured out what kind of emblem or symbol I want to put on the tabard and shield, so those are blank at the moment.

1374781_714752448847_2111717700_n.jpg

I am looking into a better beard as that one was just a $6 Halloween beard, which has been very generous in sharing its beardness with the ground, my armor, pouches, and anything else. Also while looking nice, I need to find more comfortable footwear.
It's been a great blast so far and hope to keep coming back!

Tevas said:
Unfortunately I don't have a good shot of this at a game. This photo is from a convention I was at earlier this year. I am on the right in the white armor. I've fought in this at Alliance a number of times, but I haven't really worn it since I've gotten my Arcane Armor (and it's valued less than the Arcane Armor anyway).

This is the saddest thing I've read all day.

-Mike "Porch"
Denver

This is your friendly reminder that the purpose of this thread is to admire each other's fancy and exciting costumes. The discussion about Arcane Armor and physrepped armor is all over this board.

Enjoy your posting. :lol:

That looks fantastic. I love the polearm and the spots on the back. :D

My husband's full get-up (A muntjac. Its a species of small musk deer in wich the males sport tusks...fangy bitey deer). We're still refining the mask, have since these photos, carved away a lot of the lower cheek and he's a lot happier with the contours. But anyhoo ...

(and for all you safety fans out there- the horns are actually built exactly like boffer weapons, coreless, latex coated foam, totally soft but you would never know looking at them.)
giant_muntjac____by_artsquish-d6xkkgd.jpg

And I've redone the mask for my outfit (post previously)- much happier with the contours and colors.
larp_mask__doe_v_2_by_artsquish-d6wsb11.jpg

Just buttoned up my dryad for HQ and ogre pirate for gettysburgh
3etugyta.jpg
uty7unag.jpg
e7a9ejym.jpg
6edy8ezy.jpg
9y2a6ane.jpg
yhahyraz.jpg
y2u7a7e8.jpg
ubu7uqug.jpg
Paneling on the sides of the armor is real petrified moss with matte acrylic sealer

Just buttoned up my dryad for HQ and ogre pirate for gettysburgh
3etugyta.jpg
uty7unag.jpg
e7a9ejym.jpg
6edy8ezy.jpg
9y2a6ane.jpg
yhahyraz.jpg
y2u7a7e8.jpg
ubu7uqug.jpg
Paneling on the sides of the armor is real petrified moss with matte acrylic sealer

The armor looks amazing.

Ooh cypress you make me so proud that your part of the Gilded Claw !
Great job on the armor danny

I love the armor and helm. Dan I have to ask, what materials did you use to make it all?

I love the armor and helm. Dan I have to ask, what materials did you use to make it all?

The helm was a generic version 3 corinthian steel helm that I primed and acrylic painted woodgrain. The armor is a thermal plastic called worbla that you can heat and bend. Once sits warmed up it will bond to itself and will cool back to a ridged form. It was important to me that nothing be visibly metal (worbla allows you to skip rivets buckles etc) to just give it the extra metal free pro dryad feel.

Back