The Rules of Adventuring.

Artos

Artisan
163. Always help the new adventures coming into town. It'll make it easier to rob them later and they'll have more stuff to steal.

(I've never done this but I swear I've watched people do it)
 

Jevedor

Fighter
Asheville Staff
Artos said:
163. Always help the new adventures coming into town. It'll make it easier to rob them later and they'll have more stuff to steal.

(I've never done this but I swear I've watched people do it)
if you watched it happen you are guilty through neglagence :lol:
 

IppyDip

Newbie
164. Thrown weapon is the cheapest and most effective way to end any villians monologuing.


IG: Majid Muhhannad Wa Ghalib Ibn Adam Ghazi Justicar of Silverfell
OG: Ippokratis Koukos
 

tieran

Duke
Gettysburg Staff
Marshal
165. Amnesia is a squire's best friend's best friend.
 

tieran

Duke
Gettysburg Staff
Marshal
That statement should be phrased in the form of a rule.
 

Artos

Artisan
166. A squire's best friend's best friend often causes the squire to want to punch the best friend. If he could only remember.
 

Gwendara

Fighter
167. If your mod is going really well, it's an ambush.

168. If the big bad is within spell/arrow range, so are you.

169. Experience is something you never get until just after you need it.

170. When in doubt, play dead. If you look inconspicuous enough they might walk past you.
 

Tempest

Artisan
Gwendara said:
168. If the big bad is within spell/arrow range, so are you.
I do not subscribe to this... I have seen some casters/archers that have a range just outside their own shadow at noon...
 

Gwendara

Fighter
Tempest said:
Gwendara said:
168. If the big bad is within spell/arrow range, so are you.
I do not subscribe to this... I have seen some casters/archers that have a range just outside their own shadow at noon...
Oi, there is always an exception to every rule, and if you let your big bad be the guy that can't throw packets...
 

tieran

Duke
Gettysburg Staff
Marshal
Gwendara said:
Oi, there is always an exception to every rule, and if you let your big bad be the guy that can't throw packets...
... then he better be able to swing pipe.
 
169. It doesn't matter if you're a better swordsman than your opponent if he swings 15's and you swing 2's
 

Wraith

Newbie
obcidian_bandit said:
...then you're not that much better. I've seen that fight won.
I've won that fight. Assuming the players and NPCs are actually fighting to the rules rather than the 12 swings one damage call method, it is totally doable. :D


And today's rule :

170. If they're wearing gloves, don't take anything they hand you. It's probably poisonous.
 
this could devolve real quickly... but I'm just gonna say it.

IMO if someone wins a 2's vs. 15's kind of fight, that's not really the spirit of what the rules are supposed to do for the game... IG stats are supposed to balance OOG skill...

just saying
 

Flyaway Bird

Scholar
Dreamingfurther said:
IMO if someone wins a 2's vs. 15's kind of fight, that's not really the spirit of what the rules are supposed to do for the game... IG stats are supposed to balance OOG skill...
David and Goliath. The little guy beating the big guy can totally be within the spirit of the rules.
 

Toddo

Knight
HQ Staff
Marshal
Dreamingfurther said:
this could devolve real quickly... but I'm just gonna say it.

IMO if someone wins a 2's vs. 15's kind of fight, that's not really the spirit of what the rules are supposed to do for the game... IG stats are supposed to balance OOG skill...

just saying
So you're saying that if I swing 15s and you swing 2s I should be able to just say "You're down"? :p
-toddo
 
Top