The Southern Minnesota 2012 Schedule!

Re: The Southern Minnesota 2012 Schedule! (Tentative)

I like the idea of an August event. Not only is there just a one-day in July, but there is also the National game in September, which I couldn't go to even if I wanted to.

Also, if the April event gets set over Easter, I'd still come. ...but there are possibly a few family members who wouldn't be quite happy with me for putting SoMN above them on the priority list. :sweat:

I can confirm from the highest staff levels that the April event date is indeed not going to move. It will be the current date which i believe is easter.

Hi All.
I also would really like a August event.
Since july is a one day and nothing in september.
I also can't go to the national event yet.
Thanks
AL

Hi!

I would also like to chime in. Please on an August event. It will be a long stretch without one. :)

-Donna

Part of the consideration that goes into the schedule is that actually sometimes a bit of a break from events for a month or two is really important to the staff.

Its a LOT of work to pull together all the writing/props/people and so much more that make an event run. We love running the games too, but we also would rather run a couple 'fewer' events, and make sure the events that do run are really cool than run more mediocre events that are lower in quality.

That's the current staff thinking on the subject.

Also I will be posting a bit of a 'here's how your staff does things' topic for everyone to read in the next week or so so keep your ears tuned. :)

I understand if staff feels a little hard pressed for quality games. I know the keepers have volunteered to do a switch with staff members. Perhaps have that be in August? I know it would work better for me, because I cannot attend the first 2 full weekend events and I really am looking forward to playing my character. Also I can happily say that I felt no poor quality of games last year. You all did a wonderful job even with as many events as we had.

I am also willing to back up my August request with any help that you would like with it. I can and will help in anyway starting now, as long as it doesn't interfere with my tues-sat. schooling (ends in mid may, day ends 4:30pm) just let me know what needs to be done!

-Courtney

Kendra_1stBarb said:
I understand if staff feels a little hard pressed for quality games. I know the keepers have volunteered to do a switch with staff members. Perhaps have that be in August? I know it would work better for me, because I cannot attend the first 2 full weekend events and I really am looking forward to playing my character. Also I can happily say that I felt no poor quality of games last year. You all did a wonderful job even with as many events as we had.

I am also willing to back up my August request with any help that you would like with it. I can and will help in anyway starting now, as long as it doesn't interfere with my tues-sat. schooling (ends in mid may, day ends 4:30pm) just let me know what needs to be done!

-Courtney

We'll look at it, we actually have a hole in the later summer schedule regardless because of the National Game. That said, I have trouble refusing to host another game because people are having such a good time ^.^.

IF you have a group interested in running a game/plotline, I urge you to get in contact with us soon (best to send a note to Plot). Generally speaking such teams work with a senior staff member who takes charge of the game to ensure things are run to our standards and help you prepare.

Schedules are incredibly complex as it we have to deal with campsites, other chapters, local plot resources etc. so please remember any requests for additional events will likely take multiple weeks to get an actual yes/no answer

Awesome, Thanks Dave.
I will be on the lookout for other people who would like to help then. Send me a message or post (or both to show your support haha) if interested.

On here it says the next event is April 6th, but has anyone noticed that the website still says March 31st?

-Donna

SkyeNevermore said:
On here it says the next event is April 6th, but has anyone noticed that the website still says March 31st?

-Donna

Good catch we moved it due to anime con, I'll yell at the webmaster ^.^

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Also, if I recall when I was putting events on my calendar, many of them listed begin on Saturday. Is this intentional?
I reiterate the above, since I was unanswered.

I'm assuming it's just a mistake and that its a normal weekend event but really, I'm not on staff so I have no clue.

Also, just want to second the comment on it being Easter weekend. (I just noticed or I would have said something sooner.) I'm probably still gonna be there but I'll have to head out early so I don't miss being with family. Can we keep this holiday in mind for next years planning please?

Also, if I recall when I was putting events on my calendar, many of them listed begin on Saturday. Is this intentional?
I reiterate the above, since I was unanswered.

It is not, I'll go through and fix them, weekend events will be Friday-Sunday as standard

satsukirebel said:
I'm assuming it's just a mistake and that its a normal weekend event but really, I'm not on staff so I have no clue.

Also, just want to second the comment on it being Easter weekend. (I just noticed or I would have said something sooner.) I'm probably still gonna be there but I'll have to head out early so I don't miss being with family. Can we keep this holiday in mind for next years planning please?

It was in mind this year, unfortunately being over Detour was deemed to have a bigger impact, both in number of players affect and how much of the weekend they'd have to miss. That being said we'll be extra careful next year to start our pacing to avoid the Easter zone.

Any chance we can get some updates on the names of the events and whats planed?
Also, it would be cool to see a description of what actually happened on weekends past. Nothing to metagame with, just what would be heard around town.

The Schedule is no long Tentative, See the OP for the reason why!

Is there any chance we can move the June game to the following weekend? I know there are a number of conflicts with graduations, etc.

-Ryan

that would kind of shoot my already purchased plane ticket in the foot... :blink:

I don't think it matters what weekend you have an event in June, pretty much no matter what it's going to interfere w/ at least some grad parties. I know people who waited a month until after graduation before having their parties, so yeah, June is going to be filled w/ Grad Parties no matter what weekend it is.

Back