Winter Feast what are you bringing

I will bring a big pot of crock pot chicken stroganoff. And possibly some apple crisp if anyone is interested.

Gary, bake the squash first, then mash it with the butter. Mike says to just stick with your microwaved salmon.

Can anyone in charge of the site rental tell me if using the stove for like a half hour is OK?

Okay, first of all, micro-waved salmon is actually really good. Tell Mike if he tries it he'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the advice. By bake do you mean roasting in the oven, with tin foil on it?

I’ve found a new treat when on the go, canned salmon with baby back ribs barbeque sauce. It’s heaven, in a can.

Depending on the type of squash, yup.

For Acorn squash, cut in half, put cut-side up in a dish, sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Scoop out seeds before you eat (you can roast them, they're pretty good). For Butternut, cut in half, bake cut side up with some salt or brown sugar, scoop out flesh, add butter. Bake at 375ish until soft, you don't have to cover it. For spaghetti squash, throw like half a cup of water in the dish instead of the oil, and microwave covered in plastic wrap cut-side down for 7-9 minutes. Scrape out strands with a fork, add butter, salt and pepper. Google is your friend for cooking, I swear. Or find a yard-sale copy of the Joy of Cooking.

And Mike made quite the face when I suggested I microwave tonight's salmon. :lol:

/end hijack

Alright, Gary, it sounds like you just need to get a crockpot and some good recipies. Most are damn easy to do and they're good. Say no to micowaving pretty much anything. At least grill it.

Jezebel said:
Alright, Gary, it sounds like you just need to get a crockpot and some good recipies. Most are damn easy to do and they're good. Say no to micowaving pretty much anything. At least grill it.

coming from the girl who microwaves bacon?

cheese, breads and fruits....

thats what we're bringing...

and perhaps something to drink.......

ok after reading all the post what will Deborah bring......here are the choices....Shepard's Pie, ......beef stew........sausage bread...... what do you vote for????

Deborah said:
ok after reading all the post what will Deborah bring......here are the choices....Shepard's Pie, ......beef stew........sausage bread...... what do you vote for????

i vote for shepards pie. i love that stuff as i will be bringing some venison stew which is >beef stew :p

also with all these meals, i will be bringing chocolate chip cake as well for a desert.

Hmm. I'm still completely stuck on what to make. I could make some chocolate chip squares and pie, but I don't have any ideas for an entree. At least not one that'll keep for a long drive.

is any one bringing a vegetable plater or the likes yet?

celery and carrot sticks are the bomb. I will pick one up if no one else has called it

syra pefferfoot said:
Deborah said:

i vote for shepards pie. i love that stuff as i will be bringing some venison stew which is >beef stew :p

also with all these meals, i will be bringing chocolate chip cake as well for a desert.
I, too, vote for Shepherd's Pie.

wowy319 said:
Hmm. I'm still completely stuck on what to make. I could make some chocolate chip squares and pie, but I don't have any ideas for an entree. At least not one that'll keep for a long drive.

NOT GOSPEL: I believe we are having the feast/farewell at the same venue as last year, and last year we were allowed to use the cooking facilities. However, there will likely be some degree of jousting to actually get things into the oven, so plan your time accordingly. Also, while we were allowed to use the oven and stove and keep things in the fridge, basically everything utensil-wise was off limits; again, plan accordingly. I do not know if we can use the oven again this year; maybe someone more in the know than myself can chime in here.

-Dan "Apparently I'm Stacey today" Beshers

KeelyBrenna said:
wowy319 said:

NOT GOSPEL: I believe we are having the feast/farewell at the same venue as last year, and last year we were allowed to use the cooking facilities. However, there will likely be some degree of jousting to actually get things into the oven, so plan your time accordingly. Also, while we were allowed to use the oven and stove and keep things in the fridge, basically everything utensil-wise was off limits; again, plan accordingly. I do not know if we can use the oven again this year; maybe someone more in the know than myself can chime in here.

-Dan "Apparently I'm Stacey today" Beshers

so i have this thing where if i know the persons voice when i read the post i hear there voice in my head... so I read this and then got to your name Dan... and the voice changed and very much creeped me out... im going to go cry myself to sleep now... congratulations... this is what i get for listening to the voices in my head

Well, seeing how the sickness I had earlier this week has now turned into something like walking pneumonia, I don't think I can make it. As much as I wish I could go, I don't want to make people sick. Next year I'll try to have a better immune system.

:( feel better!

So I call dibs on a burner or two of the stove for like a half hour or so. If not, I'll take that four pounds of bacon and eat it at home.

I may or may not be going. If I do go I will be bringing my daughter London and she wont be able to handle it for more than an hour or so. So maybe see you guys this weekend.

Back