Winter Feast what are you bringing

Sir Wynn said:
I'm gonna bring some breads, i made Annadama and oatmeal bread fresh today.

what is annadama?

phedre said:
:( feel better!

So I call dibs on a burner or two of the stove for like a half hour or so. If not, I'll take that four pounds of bacon and eat it at home.
Go ahead and eat it. See if we (I) care.

Looks like we will be bringing both beef stew and shepherds pie ....Melissa is making a awesome beef stew and I will be making the shepherds pie.
See everyone tomorrow

I still want to know what annadama bread is...

It's a typo.

Anadama bread is a chewy, sweet, dense, grainy New England treat. The exact origins of the bread are unclear, although the recipe appears to have been developed prior to the 1940s. Along the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, many bakeries make Anadama bread which can be eaten fresh and warm or saved to toast and eat later. It makes an excellent base for French toast, and complements a variety of foods as well.

Local mythology in Rockport, Massachusetts, has it that Anadama bread was invented by a fisherman who was tired of his lazy wife's lackluster cooking. Every evening, he would be served a bowl of warm cornmeal and molasses pudding. Craving bread, the fisherman added flour and yeast, muttering “Anna-damn her!” as he did so. The result was Anadama bread, a cornmeal yeast bread with a rich flavor from the added molasses.

From this website.

Back