Worthless Bits of Information We Like to Share

Frogs can indeed vomit. They do it by throwing up their stomachs and picking food out of it. It has only so far been monitered when they are subject to zero gravity conditions.

Naturally curly hair grows that way because of somewhat oval-shaped hair follicles. Straight hair has more circular follicles.

(At least that's what I heard)

That last one is terribly untrue.

No they can't.

Their spines however are fused to their shells, so they can't take em off the way they do in cartoons.

Awww, there was a thread like this before on the old boards. I'm just posting what I remember being put on there...lessee...

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

If you play Alliance Larp you are 45% more likely to survive Zombie apocalypse. Fact.

If you play Alliance larp you cannot help but narrate your pets' meals by going 'Nomnomnom' in your head, or out loud. Fact.

LOL! Especially to that last one!

In New Mexico, over eleven thousand people have visited a tortilla chip that appeared to have the face of Jesus Christ burned into it.

The only time America has elected a convicted criminal to the Presidency was in 2000 and 2004, with the election of George Bush and **** Cheney, both of whom have criminal records for drunk driving.

In 2003, the U.S. House of Representatives renamed French fries "freedom fries" and French toast "freedom toast". (no word on french kissing that I know of). This parallels a similar ruling during WWII where the german-sounding saurkraut was renamed "liberty cabbage".

Any limerick can be sung to the tune of Billy Joel's "The Piano Man." Consider the following lyrics:

Bob is a real estate novice
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talking with Davy
Who's still in the Navy
And probably will be for life.

Now try this:

There once was a man from Kilbride
Who fell in an outhouse and died.
His heartbroken brother
Fell into the other,
And now they're interred side by side.

Neat, huh?

Some slime moulds can group together to form a single mass that behaves like a multi-cellular creature. Under stress, they can act like nonvascular plants and create spore pods (sporophytes).

The REALLY COOL thing is that they can spread out into a maze and find the shortest route out. The whole mass communicates without a nervous system to accomplish this feat.

If you get a chance, type "slime mould" in Wikipedia, sit back, clear your mind, think about alien worlds, and then begin reading...

Until August of 2000 it was thought that the largest living organism was a fungus of the same species (Armillaria ostoyae) that covered 1,500 acres (600 hectares) found living in the state of Washington.

But then mycology experts surmised that if an Armillaria that large could be found in Washington, then perhaps one just as large could be responsible for the trees dying in the Malheur National Forest in the Blue Mountains of eastern Oregon. Researchers were astonished at the sheer magnitude of the find, estimated to cover over 2,200 acres (890 hectares) and be at least 2,400 years old, possibly older.

Back