Worthless Bits of Information We Like to Share

in one of the black and white versions he actually turns into a skeleton when they manage to run down his carriage that was trying to get him to his castle before the sun rose. they open the door and throw open the lid of the coffin and there's a skeleton inside...i cried for hours...i was 7 years old....mom knew there was something wrong with me..heheheheheheh

My favorite silent film is The Phantom of the Opera starring Lon Chaney as the Phantom.

Notible fact:

I attended a screening of Phantom where the NEPA Philiharmonic played background music and the original film was used.

The announcer said that when the film was shown in theaters, there were nurses and doctors staged in the aisles so that if anoyone fainted uring the famous unmasking scene, they could be attended to.

Very cool movie.

Jim

Toddo said:
Anatidaephobia — fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

WHERE? OMG He might be watching us NOW NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!

Ok im better.

Paul

Telokh_Amdo said:
Tzydl Zhitelava said:
twizlers makes orange and lemon flavored licorice ropes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Others like this: Lozenge - a diamond shape (originally from heraldry?), used for the first commerically available cough drops and now used as a general term for all throat drops. Kleenex - a specific brand of facial tissue, used as a catch-all for any facial tissue.

Others:

Q-tip - when was the last time you called it a cotton swab?
Band-Aid - actually a brand, the rest are "adhesive bandages"
Brillo - originally a brand, now used in some areas as a generic term for a metallic scrubbing pad.

Ezri said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Tzydl Zhitelava said:
twizlers makes orange and lemon flavored licorice ropes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Others like this: Lozenge - a diamond shape (originally from heraldry?), used for the first commerically available cough drops and now used as a general term for all throat drops. Kleenex - a specific brand of facial tissue, used as a catch-all for any facial tissue.

Others:

Q-tip - when was the last time you called it a cotton swab?
Band-Aid - actually a brand, the rest are "adhesive bandages"
Brillo - originally a brand, now used in some areas as a generic term for a metallic scrubbing pad.

If you visit the South (I think): Coke = soda. i.e. "Would you like a Coke?" "Sure. I'll have a Root Beer, please."

Another brand name confused for the product: Xerox in lieu of a copy.

The crew compartment in a freight airplane is referred to as the Supernumerary.

Marcena said:
If you visit the South (I think): Coke = soda. i.e. "Would you like a Coke?" "Sure. I'll have a Root Beer

I've spent a lot of time in the south...never heard that one.

Maybe it was the Southwest, or Southeast, or Indiana... I don't quite remember where, but I'll have to ask my wife when I get home. She knows everything and pointedly reminds when I am wrong. ;)

there are parts of the south that are different than other parts of the south....in SOME parts of the south...a skillet used to be called a SPIDER...and in the west a soda is called POP...when i first moved to vermont i heard the word Pocketbook (which was aparently a purse) a pocket book in the west is simply....a book.....in your pocket...like a checkbook...

a cinder block dropped from the second floor of a house will not necessarily kill a person walking on the ground below unless you hit them square on the head. otherwise you just mangle the bajeebus outta their back and shoulder.........

Back