Worthless Bits of Information We Like to Share

in order to make some of the armor and weapons in LOTR look more "used" they put them in a rock tumbler with rocks

Telokh wrote:
Naturally curly hair grows that way because of somewhat oval-shaped hair follicles. Straight hair has more circular follicles.

(At least that's what I heard)

Actually, oval-shaped follicles grow wavy hair- curls like mine or Michelle's are from flat, ribbon-shaped ones. The closer to circular the hair strand is, the straighter it is.

-Illana

PS- I know, after the fact. Blah.

((i would love to know where you guys learn this stuff!! heheheheh))

THREE FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only two Disney cartoon features in which both parents are present and don't die during the movie. ( I don't know what year this info comes from).

----------------------------------------

It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.

--------------------------------

A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.

((not sure i am glad i was eating breakfast when i read those telokh! heheheheh I would love to be able to take out everything from my stomach that i don't want))

oak trees don't produce acorns until they're like 50 years old.

or so i remember from sitting in on a friend's science lab in high school.

The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful Life."

didn't somebody post about their sleeping arrangements earlier in this post? I heard they used to sleep in the same bed up until the 90s

i also heard that the cookie monster has been retired in preference to a FRUIT MONSTER?

this is more rumor than information. but i would love my data to be verified by someone who knows since my access to entertainment sites is blocked.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
didn't somebody post about their sleeping arrangements earlier in this post? I heard they used to sleep in the same bed up until the 90s

i also heard that the cookie monster has been retired in preference to a FRUIT MONSTER?

this is more rumor than information. but i would love my data to be verified by someone who knows since my access to entertainment sites is blocked.

Bert and Ernie slept in the same ROOM, but in separate twin beds for as long as I can remember.

some chickens are called easter egg chickens and their eggs come out pastel colors of pink, blue, purple and yellow, green, etc...

the paul simon episode of the muppet show is the only muppet show in which every song on the show was written by the guest star

Back