Worthless Bits of Information We Like to Share

Bamboo is not a tree but a very tall grass plant.

Why is it that banks keep their doors open but chain their pens to the table?

Politics- Poli the Greek word for "Many" and tic as in the blood sucking critters.

Does this mean politics = many blood sucking creatures?

Jim

the opposite of pro is con
so what does that say about

CONgress.....the opposite of PROgress?

heheheh

i seriously do want to know why drive through tellers have braille...unless the visually impaired sit on the driver's side in the back seat how are they supposed to reach????

we've gone off topic again...

when some of the immigrants at ellis island got off the ships they were greeted with bananas, chocolate and blueberry pies...some from Italy had never seen those items including the blueberry pie and assumed it was rotted meat..they scraped the filling out and ate the crusts......

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
the opposite of pro is con
i seriously do want to know why drive through tellers have braille...unless the visually impaired sit on the driver's side in the back seat how are they supposed to reach????

this is because some people are legally blind for reading, in other words they can see well enough to drive be the second something gets within a arms reach it's so fn blurry they simply can't see it unless its font size 36 this being said they've had to learn braille and it has to be on the key pad for the visually impaired so some dumb *** can't sue the bank for not catering to a specific group of people

I always had these visions of blind people having to unbuckle and lean over the driver and reach out the window HA! thanks for the update though! :D

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
Cecil Adams said:
Drive-up ATM buttons are marked with braille because federal regulations require it. To be specific, section 4.34.4 of the ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (Appendix to Part 1191, 36 CFR Chapter XI, issued pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) says, "Instructions and all information for use [of an automated teller machine] shall be made accessible to and independently usable by persons with vision impairments." Drive-up ATMs, unlike the walk-up variety, don't need to be wheelchair accessible, but the rules make no exception regarding accessibility by the blind.
The rest of the article found here

NOT INFORMATION I AM SHARING! this is information I need...

my char met someone from icenia this past weekend....she said to look her up on the boards to send her a message...i have no idea how to do that because i am not sure where icenia is...is that New Jersey?

danka!

As for another useless bit of information I'd like to share...

The harmless whale shark holds the title of largest fish, with the record being a 59 footer captured in Thailand in 1919.

In 1999 Only a whopping 45% of Christians knew that the last word in the Bible was Amen, in 2006 that number rose drastically to 48% LOL

That is neat!

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts - Charlemagne; and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

Fearless Leader said:
Unicorns are mentioned in the Bible nine times.

Do you have the verses? That seems like a factoid I'm likely to reject prima facie.

quidditch is played in vermont at school telokh :D

and the verses in the bible with unicorn are:
(for those who hate to click on links)
Numbers 23:22
God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Deuteronomy 33:17
His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Job 39:9
Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Job 39:10
Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psalm 22:21
Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalm 29:6
He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Psalm 92:10
But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Isaiah 34:7
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
==================================
leviathan is mentioned as well....

Job 41:1
Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

Psalm 74:14
Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Psalm 104:26
There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.

Isaiah 27:1
In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
quidditch is played in vermont at school

I know. It says so at the link I posted. Middlebury College, in Vermont, started the league.

Ironically, I almost went to that college (way back) when I graduated high school.

Here's another fun link: List of Fictional Games

The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.

Back