Fatespinner's room

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good to hear.

No ritual is without risk, but we there are ways to make it easy for you. Master Quynn and I will complete the majority of the ritual beforehand, so that all you have to do is activate it. It must be completed by you, in the old circle, or it won't work at all.

From the information Master Grey has found, you should have no trouble entering the old circle as the original caster is deceased. The circle still exists, but just barely.

Your biggest challange will not be activating the ritual, it will gathering the catalyst: fairy dust."

" I will make it a priority to find the fairy dust we need then. Some of the fairies around the breach may be able to help with that. That is as long as Az'Caine is not around they don't like him much. Before the winter they where headed back to the fay realm due to multiple reasons so I do hope they will come back when we get there. Will I need to have a circle prepared to boost during the ritual? Also is there anymore details I should know?"

"Yes, you will need to cast a battle circle of power around the old circle in order to complete the ritual. Also, once you are in Duskholm, keep an eye out for rare items. You never know what might be offered for sale. If you do find anything of interest, don't expect it to be cheap.

That being said, your primary goal is to rescue the king. If there is anything that you think you may need to accomplish this task, let me know now so I can try to ensure you have it before your return to Parson's Breach. Time is short."

There is a knock on the open door; from behind stacks of books, Zanthia calls to enter.

"Where would you like these guildmistress?" The youth is strugging with a tall stack of books.

"Anywhere you can find is fine." She replies distractedly, concentrating on the pages before her. The loud thump of the books hitting the floor grabs her attention. "Are you ok?" she asks, standing and peering over her desk.

The boy pulls himself back to his feet and begins to straighten the books that have tumbled everywhere. "Yes, I think so."

"Don't worrk about the books, Alfie, I can take of that. Would you please have the kitchen send something up? I can't remember the last time I ate."

"Of course, guildmistess." Alfie dusts himself off as Zanthia comes around the desk and picks up one of the books. Once the door is closed, she looks around the room and lets out a long sigh.

"Ulric is back, and now things are worse than ever. I've got to fingure out what they did to him. I know there is more to this, I just know it!" In frustration, she flings the book across the room and knocks over another stack. Every book the guild has on the fey, and the monsterous and magical creatures that live there, was now in her room. Dropping back into her chair, she closes her eys and rubs her temples. "What am I missing?" She sighs again, then returns to the open book on her desk.

Knocking on the door to the Fatespinner's office, Nadja can hear more thumping, a sound she is well familiar with after these past few days, that of a stack of books hitting the floor. She giggles slightly but then catches herself, she must be tired and stressed out for such a thing to make her giggle when this situation is anything but funny. She sighs again and rubs the back of her neck.

Zanthia is re-sorting yet another stack of fallen books when she hears a knock on her door. "Enter" she calls from her spot on the floor as she picks up yet another book on obscure creatures, and places it on the stack.

Opening the door, Nadja enters and closes it behind her. Moving to where Zanthia is picking up books, she bends down and begins to help re-stack the books. "It appears that you have had about as much luck as I have had." she states. "It's truly maddening. Every time I consult my crystal or the cards I keep seeing the same things over and over again. They must mean something to be reoccurring as they are, but I just can't make sense of it. My crystal keeps showing me a circle and the cards keep coming up with the lovers. Do either of those make sense to you in regards to Ulric? And when was the last time you ate or slept? It's been a couple of days at least for me."

Zanthia heaves a sigh, "I've consulted every book I have, and the library has on Medusa and every other obscure creature that they could have possibly gotten thier hands on, but I can't find anything that would be effecting the king like this, for this long. It's incredibly frusterating."

She stands a stretches her legs. "I fell asleep at my desk, and woke a few hours ago. I don't know how long I slept, but it didn't give me any new ideas. I could use a break. Shall we go down to the kitchen and put our heads together over some breakfast?"

"Yes, I should like that very much. On our way down I will send a messenger over to Az'Caine with what the crystal and cards keeps showing me, perhaps the magi's will have an idea what the circle and lovers may be eluding to." Standing with Zanthia and moving with her to the door, Nadja's stomach growls and she laughs slightly. "Yes, definitely breakfast is needed." Opening the door for the Fatespinner, Nadja follows her friend, pausing for one moment along the way to give a young Earthweaver the message and sending him to the Arcane Sanctum.

Seated at her desk, Zanthia is still searching through books for answers when there is a knock on her door. "Enter" she calls, not looking up.

The attendant steps through the door, a look of urgency clear on his face. "Guildmistess, a mesenger has arrived from the palace. You are summoned to attend the king."

Zanthia quickly finishes scribbling in her notebook and closes it. "Get a carrage ready, and ask Nadja to join me at the door in five minutes."

The attendant bows and steps out. Zanthia grabs a bag and along with her notebook and the book she was reading, she stuffs in potions and her amulet. Grabbing her cloak, she heads for the door.

Continued in "Just Outside" thread
http://www.alliancelarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=16853#p170343

Zanthia has been pacing all day in her office; her desk covered in reports from Faybridge.

"It's no use. It has to be done." She says as she shakes her head, a look of frustration on her face.

Opening her door, she calls for the attendant. After a moment a young woman appears at the door, bowing.

"Please have nine Whispering Wind scrolls brought up." The woman nods and heads back down the hall.

Returning to her desk, Zanthia begins writing. Quickly finishing and pushing it aside, she beings another, and another.

Shortly, an aspirant from the library arrives at the door, knocking tentatively, her arms holding ritual scrolls.

"Please leave them on the table." Zanthia tells her, nodding towards a small table on the other side of the room. The Aspirant shuffles over to the table and sets them down carefully. "Thank-you." Zanthia says as the Aspirant leaves the room. "Please have a messenger sent up right away." The Aspirant nods and pulls the door closed behind her.

Zanthia finishes the last note and is sealing them as the knock comes on the door. "Enter" she calls without looking up. The door opens and the messenger enters, approaching the desk. "Please see these delivered as soon as possible." she says gesturing to the pile of sealed scrolls. The messenger nods and collects the scrolls, each bearing the name of a Parson's Breach guild member. The messenger collects the scrolls and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

Zanthia sighs and rubs her temples. After a moment, she gets up and heads over to the scrolls. Casting a circle of power, she begins casting the first Whispering Wind.

OOG: please consider this as if it happened in the morning and not late in the evening like at the posting time.

Bota is making his way trough the Enclave. He happens to meet a few members of the guild that he knows and greet them. He takes a deep breath and even if he is not as cheerful as usual he walks toward his destination.

He stop to talk with one of the staff members he meets. "Good morning, I am looking for a quick audience with the Fatespinner before my departure. I am still not very good with all the formalities of this new society. Should I go directly to her and ask her if she would agree to grant me audience or is there someone I need to ask first?

The young woman's eyes go wide at the dryad. "Oh, excuse me. I don't see many dryads here in the city." She checks tfor his badge and notes his rank. looking confused. "A member yof your rank should have been taught how to see the masters by now. Unless you are from an outpost?" She shrugs, "Go up to the third floor, at the top the stairs you will find the attendant. He will be able to tell you if the Fatespinner is in and available to talk to you." She points towards the stair case in the main hallway. "Excuase me, I have to get on with my duties now." With that, she heads off down a smaller hallway.

This morning finds Zanthia at her desk, writing a letter. The quickly finishes the short note and seals it.

Last night's council meeting was productive, and while she is satisfied with the outcome, her next task of reporting to Az'caine has her more nervous than yesterday.

Some of the masters returned home after the meeting, others stayed the night and will be returning home today. Master Talbot from Middenvale has expressed an interest in staying in Calenhelm for the time being, and has moved into the unoccupied Master's chamber.

Zanthia picks up the note on her way to her door. she intends to join the remaining masters for lunch in the hall before they leave for the palace and the portal to return home.

Stopping briefly to let the attendant know she will be leaving for most of the afternoon, she then makes her way down the stairs to the main level and the dining hall.

Bota takes the stair up to see the attendant.

Once upstairs , he notice that the attendant is not there. He writes a short message to the Fatespinner on a piece of parchment and short notice to the attendant.

He then leaves the parchments attached to the door knob of the attendants room.
He then takes the stair down.

Notice to attendant says: Dear Attendant, I came to talk to briefly with the Fatespinner. Unfortunately, you were away and I could not wait any longer. Please give the attached quick short message to the fatespinner when she comes back.

Sincerely yours,
Bota Bioforte
Keeper of the Inner Circle

**Letter to the fatespinner sent by PM to Gwen.**

Noman returns to the capital from a trip he took alone to semi-distant lands in search of information...a sort of information that he could not find there. He kind of figured that funny little man who sent him there was scamming him, but it was still the best lead he could find on that ancient prophecy he'd stumbled upon in the library.

What he'd been doing for the past while, however, was not important now. He had been away from the Breach for some time, and as such, did not know how things were going there. The capital city was several days closer to where he was coming from than the Breach, and he knew the Fatespinner made relatively frequent trips between the Calanhelm and Parson's Breach portals. As such, Noman headed for the Earthweavers' Enclave, pausing briefly to see if Frederick was in his room (he was not), then heading up toward the Fatespinner's room. He would greet the attendant (if present) and request an audience with the Fatespinner, provided, of course, she did not have pressing matters to attend to. If she was too busy, he could always hear the latest news from someone else, of course, but since he was in town anyway, he figured he should see if the Magic Item he'd sent a messenger to deliver to the Fatespinner had safely made it to her, in addition to asking what had been happening in the Breach recently.

While it may be nothing important, Noman was not wearing his Home Guard tabbard at this time, but rather his Gold Leaf tabbard, from the Festival of Crows. His Earthweaver badge was pinned to the tabbard, looking like it had separated from its pin at some point and been hastily reattached. Still, the two gems on it accurately reflected his rank as an Initiate of the Outer Circle.

Hal leads Hyväksyä to the door of the Fatespinner's rooms. He knocks gingerly. "Enter." is heard through the wood. Hal open the door and steps aside for her to enter.

Zanthia looks up from her desk. "Hyväksyä, good to see you. Please, take a seat." She notices Hal just outside the door. "Hal, please take this to Isadwa's room." She rolls up the parchment on her desk, seals it and hands it to Hal, who takes it and hurries out the door.

"Thank you for taking the time to speak with me." Hyväksyä said with a gesture that was somewhere between a nod and a bow.

(OOG continued in private message)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back