I Miss Ward Keys

Yeah... those were good times.

I miss Drain being 5th level myself, Necromancy was actually worth the risk back then.

I also miss racial threshold and wish it had been kept on the build chart as a Wylderkin only racial skill.

Memories...

toddo

At my first event Guildmaster Saja cast our ward, I remember thinking oh wow, this is cool. We got the ward-key. Then one of team members (a wizard who shall remain nameless) lost the key somewhere in the woods, effectively locking 10 people out of our cabin, and locking 2 people inside. It was below freezing that night.

Yeah... I only played with Ward Keys one event ever (the next event the rulebook changed). I don't miss them.

-BB

Yeah, but what made ward keys awesomely scary were the death rogues...with copy ward key...

-Ali

Air Raksa said:
At my first event Guildmaster Saja cast our ward, I remember thinking oh wow, this is cool. We got the ward-key. Then one of team members (a wizard who shall remain nameless) lost the key somewhere in the woods, effectively locking 10 people out of our cabin, and locking 2 people inside. It was below freezing that night.

Yeah... I only played with Ward Keys one event ever (the next event the rulebook changed). I don't miss them.

-BB

I remember when Brian was a donut. It was just like yesterday. Wait, it was yesterday.
-SK

I was actually telling the newer adventurers about ward keys this past gathering in Moria. Ah how fun they were....

I never played with Ward keys... but sounding like what BB said... I don't think I'd miss them... :?

The incidents like the one mentioned -- and people being cheesy about it -- were why we got rid of Ward keys. Mind you, there were some very very cool things that happened too because of Ward keys! I can't deny that. Overall though most players were happy to see them go.

I believe what Robb was trying to say is that charm spell + invested payer with read magic = new ward key IS the current settup...

Dreamingfurther said:
I believe what Robb was trying to say is that charm spell + invested payer with read magic = new ward key IS the current settup...

Ah. Thanks. :) I actually was always impressed with some of the work that went into making Ward Keys. I had a setup for a game where I had a series of wooden "W" with a 1" circle cut out at the base. Into that circle I could put a pewter disk with a unique pattern on it and then cast as many mirrors of it. The result was that you would actually 'click' the 'key' into place and it would hold itself in the 'lock'.

Yeah, I got really sick of pieces of duct tape as keys.

markusdark said:
Robb Graves said:
heh... charm spell + invested player with read magic = the new ward key

Just curious as to how this would be any different than the current setup.

Because the old way when you have a copy of the ward key. You can go in there when ever you want. With the new system I will be in there with you. Charm or not I highly doubt you will be taking stuff.

Fearless Leader said:
and people being cheesy about it .

Mike that was the "remote" ward key lol.....

Back