In the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
"knowing what little I know about this place....I can understand where you are coming, so in hopes of proving my innocence of false claims, lets start here."

Romilda reaches down and unbuckles the clasp to the beaten up scabbard on her hip and places it handle facing away from her on the table. Next she goes and shuffles her chair back about 2 feet and folds here hands in front of her. She then goes to remove her vest, and tosses on to the table on top of the sword with the crest facing up.

"The crest shouldn't really worry anyone as far as I am aware. Its the crest of my clan from back in Turom Falls. The fact he recognizes it all is interesting as we are not all that well known even among the teri-nor. As for Rosanyia over here I don't know how much will actually help the situation, can you give me moment to think on that one..."

Calan looks to jinn as if to say I’ll tell you latter. “We have never met in my life.” he takes another large gulp. “I’m still just off from dams bull ****.” Calan drinks again and continues to look to the table.

Rohnan’s face was sheer panic. With shaking hands she opened the letter and looked it over. After finishing it she balled it up in her hand. Her legs were jelly as she tried to stand to leave. She looked at the other people at the table needing.... something.

"hmmm..." Jinn says, stroking his chin, looking the new comer up and down "Are these the actions of someone who means us no harm... or is that just what you want us to believe?"

“I’d just let her be, I’m sure she really means well, clearly she comes from a clan of history keepers it something . She probably just heard your heroic tales and wanted to see them first hand. Like here she is getting to se THE Jinn alive in the flesh and you’re running her through the coals and not even in the good way.”

"Its the actions of someone who ran into an old friend unexpectedly, who is in a much different situation then when they last knew each other."

Her eyes never leaving Rohnan, watching her read and crumple the letter she had been caring for in hopes of seeing this moment go differently.

“I-I need to go” she said as she stood to leave. She stopped near the door and looked back at Calan and looked ad if she was going to ask something but then changed her mind. She turned and continued out of the tavern. The letter still clenched in her fist.

Calans disposition shifts to more ease. His face contorts at Rohnan’s reaction. “Must have been some letter.” Calan looks over the traveller. “So, do you have a place to stay lined up or are you planning to just wing it?”

Kai glances from Rohnan's retreating form, and back to Romilda. She sips her juice, looking thoughtful.

Romilda moves to go after Rohnan but takes a look back at Jinn and his hand on his hilt and stays seated. Waiting for the next question, but cheerful demeanor gone, her drink forgotten at the table.

Kai sets down her mug, clears her throat loudly, and approaches Romilda, extending a hand. "Romilda was it?" Her voice is cheerful, and she's acting as if none of this confusing strangeness had just happened in front of her. "I'm Kai. I'm an earth caster too, not a guildie though. I'm also an alchemist. And I raise chickens." Her posture is completely open and relaxed. "Are you new to adventuring? Did you have a trade back home?"

Calan leans to Jinn. And whispers something.

"I can see you want to go after her, but I can not promise that she will speak to you. But if you truly are a friend from her past, that could be something she needs right now. I will warn you though, stay out of striking distance for the first few minutes. Rohnan is known for chucking a spell or two" Jinn says to Romilda

Looking up at the fox kin, Romilda lets the warm smile she originally had return to her face.

"Well, I've been traveling for more then a handful of years and have seen a few things here and there. As for my trade back home... Something along the lines of the clan nanny for when I was there last. Since then I've been helping out here and there with some healing where its needed"

Here eyes trail up to the door where Rohnan left through.

"I am a little worried though that even if she did remember, it may have been to long to still claim her trust.. And with the memory issues you say she has, that letter may have needed a little more of an explanation."

“A reaction like that feels like you either confessed your undying love or told her that her family was killed.”
Calan said half gauging her reaction to both statements.

Kai glances towards the door, then back again. Her expression is both pained and apologetic. "I can't say I knew her much before she left on the trip that changed her memories. I would have thought she would welcome a chance to learn more of her life before, but I guess it may be a bit much all at once. I would take Jinn's advice, and give her some time to process."

The kin sits back down, and resumes drinking her beverage. "If you like fruity drinks, they have an excellent peach mango."

" your more then welcome to go and chase after her, from what I have learned its safer to let her come back when shes ready..."thinking for a moment.
"then again times are different, but I am not the familiar face I once was"

Turning to the Kai, the exact same smile returning.

" Might have to order one to prove you right"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back