In the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai is taking a sip when Calen says "death chickens" and she snorts her drink out her nose laughing. *BER-SNERT!* Her eyes get all teary and she holds her nose-juiced paws out in front of her, afraid to touch anything while blinking rapidly. "Cahlan.. helb!" She's still chuckling. Everything smells like peach-mango now.

Startled out of her thinking romilda begins to giggle a the sight of poor Kai. She fishes down once more in to her bag and pulls out a spare shirt.

"Here, I promise its clean"she holds it out to her new friend.

"Tank hew!" Kai wipes her paws on the fabric, and snuffles loudly. "I keen wash dis add geff ib back too hew layder." She snuffles again.

"Baah, dont worry about it. It's just goes to the bottom of the bag with the rest if the stuff I got to clean. In the meantime.."

Romilda stands up, finishes her drink and heads to the bar to grab another.

Kai keeps blinking, and sniffling. She's had worse through her sinuses, but not in some time. The sensation is just as unpleasant as always.

“Well it’s good to know that if this whole adventurer thing doesn’t work out I can settle down as an entertainer of sorts. Maybe get up in taverns and tell jokes.” Calan holds in a laugh.

Kai gives Calan a sideways glance, as he remarks on being an entertainer. "Did hew-" she snuffles again. "Did you have a trade, before leaving your homeland?" For having been around Calan so long, Kai hasn't really ever asked him much about himself. Better late than never?

“Well, I used to make masks for a living. Though it’s been some time since I have made one.”
Calan ponders for a bit.
“The last mask I put on my face didn’t sit well with me and made the craft difficult so to speak. So I suppose I have that to fall back on as well.”

The door to the tavern opens painfully slow. The colorful sylvanborn walks through and ever so gently closes the door and gives it a pat. He leans in and whispers to the door before ordering a drink and heading back to his seat.

Jinn let's out a long drawn out sigh.

"So............. what are we talking about?"

Kai nods to Jinn. "Chicken armor, having a trade besides adventuring, what people like to drink, and saving the world."

"Hmm... I assume the armoured chickens will save the world, leading to use picking up a new trade as adventuring will be finished, and we will be celebrating with drinks because the world has been saved! I like this plan"

Kai leans closer and peers into Jinn's mug. "Whatcha drinking? I can't smell right now."

"Mead, it is my usual drink after the sun has reached its highest peak in the sky. Unless of course I have something important to do later in the day, which as of right now I do now."

Kai flicks an ear. "I dunno, you're high up in the Arcane Sanctum, don't you always have something important to do?"

Jinn shrugs and takes a sip. "They usually tell me when I have to do something important to do. Making plans and what not usually requires a heads up. If it's just a research gig, now that's easy enough to do while still enjoying a beverage. Mainly my job in the Lux and the Sanctum is leading the attacks on the dark reaches. That is what I have been charged with, and always know when we are heading into those horrible places."

"As someone who has never gone to dark reaches, I'm incredibly grateful to those that do." She reaches for her mug, but realizes there is a sticky splotch on the handle from her incident earlier. "Oh, ew." She gingerly picks up the mug by the other side, and carries it over to the bar to hand off to the dishwasher. She tips them a few non-sticky coins, before purchasing a fresh drink in a fresh mug. She returns to her seat and offers a toast, "to the brave ones.."

Jinn gives a half hearted chuckle and raises his glass. "To those that came before me... may I not suffer the same fate."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back