In the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I do feel like a further explanation would be something Rohnan could use. But chasing after her is not within my department, nor would I be the one she would want to try and calm her down."

Jinn pauses for a moment, choosing his words carefully.

"It wasn't exactly a pleasant situation leading up to the memory loss, nor has it been for her returning to a life forgotten. She's been adjusting, but it is alot for someone to go through. Perhaps you might trigger something locked within her mind."

Jinn's eye widen slightly with excitement.

"Someone from her past could be just the catalyst we need for our drug fueled adventure in the woods!"

Kai slides some coins across the table to Romilda. "First one's on me."

"Don't you worry about it newbie, you've already stirred up enough trouble!" Jinn says.

He stands with Cato and turns to leave the tavern.

"Good day"

Kai looks after Jinn and Cato, blinking in confusion. "My, people come and go so quickly here," she mutters under her breath.

"is that normal around here?"

Looking around at the remaining group of a sylvanborn, oathsworn and kin.

" I take it I have a lot to relearn?"

"I said good day!" Jinn says over his shoulder as he exits the tavern

"Normal is a... relative term," the foxkin says wryly.

“My family is a bit extra, they are all so dramatic in their own way.I think Phal is the most collected of us.” Calan shrugs taking a deep breath.
“Ill cover your next round.”
he said to the sylvanborn with bichromial horns.Unlike his purple and red horn she had a green and gold one. He tried to recall the colour of his sister and mothers horns but no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t pull the image to mind.

Kai peers at the empty mug that Rohnan drank that was supposed to be for Calan. "What do you normally drink?" She asks him.

Calan gets a sly look on his face. “Between you and me usually hot chocolate or tea, but lately mulled wine.” Calans smirk shifts to a half hearted smile. “How are you holding up?”

Romilda goes and scoots back forward with her chair and grabs her belongings from the table. Placeing the book and boxes back into her bag. Hooking her sword back on to its rightful place and putting the vest back on she relaxes back in to her chair and grabs the last remaining bit of drink. Sitting quietly she listens to the few remaining at the table. A weary eye checking on the door from moment to moment.

Kai shrugs. "I'm feeling useless, actually. Keeping the chickens alive is all that's keeping me grounded right now. I really don't know why I'm here." That's more candid than she's spoken to anyone in weeks. "And I feel grief. Or I feel nothing."

Calan nods as he practices different shufffles with a deck of cards that had been left on the table. His fingers had lost some dexterity over the winter.
“it makes sense. I think any time we deal with forces above our skill level we have a tendency to feel useless.” He pauses as he performs a double lift and drops the second card By mistake. “It’s why taking a minute now and then to talk to one another is important. alone each of us can be plucked off one by one easily, together we each have a unique skill set and perspective.” He attempts the double lift again and fails. “You never know when this one experience, snippet of research, or random skill will change the tides for us.” Calan places the cards down and looks at Kai.“When I paint and I’m sitting close up to the image it just looks terrible and like little blotches but, but, when I take a step back it’s then when they all come together to become something more.” Calans face softens and a warm smile crosses his face. “You’re not useless you are just standing too close to the picture to see your importance in the greater image.” Calan picked the cards back up and continued to practice shuffles and cuts.

Kai laughs softly, "think I can help save this shard with alchemy, a chicken army, and three life spells?" She reaches out and snags a single card from the deck, "having perspective is so hard." She turns the card over, the queen of hearts.

Calan gives out a little laugh. " that's more life spells than I have, and I feel like an army of chickens running head fast into the enemy would be a distraction big enough that anything could happen. I know that if I was facing a foe and suddenly a bunch of chickens started at me from seemingly nowhere id be very confused."

Kai laughs, and slides the card back into Calan's deck. "I wonder if I could get armor made for them."

Looking up at the ceiling mulling over the conversation at hand.

"If you have it prepared properly and depending on how much help you could find..." taking a sip from her mug ".. you could probably endow them to. Have both surprise, confusion, and strength in both powers and numbers".

Romildas eyebrows furrow "thinking of that actully sounds terrifying, and add in the armour....."

She takes another long drink still deep in thought.

“I’m certain the blacksmiths have had stranger requests. I feel like I once saw a cat in armour once in another shard.”
Calan scratches his beard.
“A hoard of death chickens in matching armour would be amazing. Bards would sing of it for ages.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back