Item Conversion Questions

During Item/Ritual conversion, can I change the target of a ritual to "Spirit" if it came from an item, or can I only target my spirit when converting rituals that were already on my spirit?

Here's how it works and when you can swap targets:

1. You can swap an entire Ritual Batch to another target.
2. You can split of specific Rituals to another target, *if* they are not applicable to the target you're putting the rest of the batch on.

For example, let's say I have 2000 Ritual Points from a ring with some older Rituals on it.

I can move the whole batch to a weapon, and it's now applicable for any Item or Item (Weapon) targeting Rituals.

I can split off some Ritual Points to a Spell Swap, which is an Item (Spellbook) targeting Ritual. However, unless I split off *more* points for an Extender, it will only have 20 Logistics Periods duration.

If I wanted to split off some Ritual Points to a Cloak of Darkness, I couldn't put it on another target (such as my Spirit), as it can be put on the same item as the rest of the batch (an Item (Weapon)). However, if I wanted to split some Ritual Points off to a Vengeance Ritual, I could - but it would come out with "default" potency; i.e. 60 points, just enough for its Difficulty 6 rating. Probably not a good idea.

There really are very few "Enchantment" type Rituals that can *only* target a Spirit, so you will have very few options to "split" a batch in this way. You could move the whole Ritual Batch to your Spirit, but then the extender needs to stay there even if most of the Ritual Points get split off into a new batch somewhere else.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Reactions: Ken
Here's how it works and when you can swap targets:

1. You can swap an entire Ritual Batch to another target.
2. You can split of specific Rituals to another target, *if* they are not applicable to the target you're putting the rest of the batch on.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Does this include spirit linked rituals?

Indeed it does; keep in mind that Permanence now includes a Spirit Lock effect. The Spirit Link on an item can be turned in for Ritual Points like other Rituals (or a new one purchased out of an item's Ritual Points if desired).

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Thank you again.

When either moving an entire batch to a different target or splitting parts of it off to meet target requirements, can the destination be one that already has rituals on it? In other words, can I combine batches into one item?

An item can always have multiple batches on it, but it can never have more than 20 rits total among all batches on it.

I understand that the guidance on the item conversion tool is that one can leave off extender rituals when calculating ritual points, but must we? If you have a situation where you are converting a preserved five ritual item into a preserved four ritual item there would be a surplus of 100 ritual points due to the lower power of preserve required that seemingly vanish if you leave off the extender ritual. Is that loss intended or can we include the extender rituals in our calculations if that would be advantageous to us?

I understand that the guidance on the item conversion tool is that one can leave off extender rituals when calculating ritual points, but must we? If you have a situation where you are converting a preserved five ritual item into a preserved four ritual item there would be a surplus of 100 ritual points due to the lower power of preserve required that seemingly vanish if you leave off the extender ritual. Is that loss intended or can we include the extender rituals in our calculations if that would be advantageous to us?
or if the new rituals are times ever?

The conversion notes say that even if a ritual can be cast at a higher level to get more daily uses, it takes up one ritual slot per daily use regardless.

So a few questions about that:
  • If it is advantageous from a Ritual Points perspective, can the ritual still be cast at a higher level for conversion purposes, with the understanding that it still uses up multiple slots? Or must the uses occupy separate rows in the spreadsheet?
  • Does this apply to rituals that grant different daily uses on ranking up, like Potency?
  • Does this apply to any non-daily rituals that grant additional benefits/uses, like Enchant, Endure Elements, Workplace of Convenience, etc?

For scroll conversions, can you exchange a scroll that isn't changing for a new scroll? The scroll/item spreadsheet implies you can only exchange scrolls that are changing.

You can only change our scrolls that are changing, not any scroll.

But, please note, that any old scroll that is not changing needs to be swapped out for a new copy of that same scroll.

So I have 2 magic items A render indestructable improved with a true empowerment on it. It got pointed out at 800 for conversion. And I have a 20 suit of arcane armour with 2 twice per day sanctuary that got pointed out at 1025. Do I have 1825 to use and 800 of it needs to be spent on a weapon target? If so does the 2.0 conversion work for 20 suit arcane armour with empowered armour and a render indestructable improved with a lvl 6 spell store work because the total is 1775 or because I go over on the weapon is it not valid?

The true empower doesn’t convert to anything, it just goes away so the weapon is just rendered improved.

Ok but the points I don't use from the armor can be used on the weapon as long as I'm under the total and use at least 800 on the weapon correct

I seem to have a misunderstanding on how magic item conversions work, so I have a few questions:

1: I want to clarify what this thread implies a few times, that you can effectively combine the ritual points on items. In other words, if I have two 300 point items, could I make a 600 point item?

2: A question I think I know the answer to; When I convert LCO scrolls, is the new scroll also considered LCO?

3: Can a single scroll be converted into multiple scroll if the math works out? Say, a scroll worth 500 points becoming two scrolls worth 250? I understand not all scrolls can be changed if they aren't different in 2.0.

Thanks!

I seem to have a misunderstanding on how magic item conversions work, so I have a few questions:

2: A question I think I know the answer to; When I convert LCO scrolls, is the new scroll also considered LCO?

Thanks!

Yes

1: I want to clarify what this thread implies a few times, that you can effectively combine the ritual points on items. In other words, if I have two 300 point items, could I make a 600 point item?

3: Can a single scroll be converted into multiple scroll if the math works out? Say, a scroll worth 500 points becoming two scrolls worth 250? I understand not all scrolls can be changed if they aren't different in 2.0.

Thanks!

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

For 1 & 3, you are basically creating a “bank” of points to use for that purpose. There are some exceptions for items and extenders, where if you have a preserved item worth 2000 points (without the value of the preserve), you can create an item worth 2000 points that lasts until the preserve runs out (and then gets converted to the new logistics period usage units once 2.0 goes live) OR you can split the item into multiple items using preserves (or not) as needed on each of the additional items.

Back