Ritual System Update Discussion!

Unless Baby's a trap artisan.

I'll go cross-chapter on this with ya.

It shall be done.

You're off topic.

This is the part where I would typically reference your mother and how off topic she might be.

But then I would probably get in trouble...

Jokes aside guys, can we please actually get back to the topic, instead of how off-topic we're being?

Thanks

Any chance we can get a PDF copy of these updates? I could try to copy/paste everything from here but that never seems to go well for me.

Thankee much

I tried to attach a copy but it told me the extension pdf is not allowed so if you want I can e-mail it to you. Just send me a pm with your e-mail address or e-mail me at BeverlyJByers@gmail.com.

Okay, now that the lovefest is complete, I would like to add my few concerns.

First, I think Empowerment is problematic. Since it is at discretion of plot, it has a high potential to be unfair and unbalanced. Unfair because one plot member might give a purely suboptimal benefit than another might give, even when faced with statistically identical casters, and even possibly in the same chapter. I don't expect it to be done for nefarious reasons (though it could), but it simple lack of communication. Also, the plot created effect/permanent flaw could easily be horribly unbalanced. And, since the effect is NOT LCO, the unbalanced flaw could move to other games. And, yes, while I hope it isn't an issue in Alliance, favoritism or accusations of favoritism are likely to rear their ugly head with this.

Personally, I think each ritual should have a set Empowerment or maybe a short list of possible Empowerments (sorta like scroll specific flaw/backlash) and using this ability gains that benefit. It standardizes the ability across chapters and lets rule oriented people determine the power balance.

Second, I think the Super Golem ritual is still too powerful. The ritual still allows a caster to become about 400 build more powerful for an entire weekend (possibly longer... I don't understand extension that well) and now it is even easier to min-max this improvement. Build replication is already something that many players find frustration and this new method of riding golems just makes it more powerful.

I still would prefer to see golem storing simply provide small benefits that are much more in line with about a 20-30 build increase, but that the benefit be unique based on golem type and roughly balanced across all golem types.

Other than those two concerns, I like a lot of the stuff presented.

-MS

For the Ritual Modification effects that require a certain formal level above the difficulty, are they intended to be used only if your personal formal level is high enough, or can they be used based on the assistance of secondary casters, including those using formal link? Reading it, it seems like it's personal only, but I felt the point deserved clarification.

To address the golem issue, the current quicksilver soldier couldn't really be much more min/maxed as it is.

Very excited!! Thanks for everyone's hard work on this... I know I appreciate it! :) And I was thinking of retiring soonish well that idea has now flown out of the window! Sad that I spent build on Earth Magic now .... Been playing for about 8 years and you all just changed my game dramatically! Can't thank you enough!

-Kelly

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
To address the golem issue, the current quicksilver soldier couldn't really be much more min/maxed as it is.

Truth.

Mike,

Play around with it... build the most BEAST golem you can with those point systems. You'll find a pretty significant nerf in there.

Kainen just got downgraded from a Gundam... to an Exo-suit.

Its still a pretty awesome.. but it is nowhere near as powerful.

Stephen

Back