Stone Elfs

Alor said:
Wilde_Night said:
don't be a mwe because well they're rather uhh....flirtatious? and i just couldnt be that way

Not every MWE is flirtatious. Some of us are quite celebate and serious.

I've gotta say that even though my MWE might groan at the thought, there are a couple really well established Mystic Wood Elf characters who are not flirtatious at all, whether because of being essentially celibate, or because they are deeply in love with someone... and they add more dimension to a race that could easily fall into being 2 dimensional (but thankfully doesn't seem to be).

Yeah. I apparently play one of those MWE's. It was so surreal... to discover that no matter how strange, alienated and bitchy my character can get - people still like her, trust her and interact with her. Even other MWE's who think she is odd because she doesn't like being touched and doesn't smile.

Mine wouldn't think she was odd... he'd just drive himself crazy trying to make her laugh or at least smile... or failing at that, blush.

He's a little persistant :lol:

this was a discusion about stone elves... *stares blankly*
:D

Alor said:
Mine wouldn't think she was odd... he'd just drive himself crazy trying to make her laugh or at least smile... or failing at that, blush.

He's a little persistant :lol:

You aren't the first one to try. You should ask about Tweep sometime... or more Tweep versus Wildescent. They came to a truce, but boy she almost killed him for making her crack a smile.*

*RP quirk is she takes minor physical damage when she laughs/smiles as Wildescent... Lady Death though... ;)

Dreamingfurther said:

<stares back> And? I've played Stone Elves. I'd make a good stone elf. I just happen to have a stone elf-like MWE. :p

Dreamingfurther said:
I think a Stone Elf jester could be amazing! He would just have to do a completely dry act... =P

Spock has some good lines in "Trouble with Tribbles" when Kirk and Spock are talking to the administrator.

a stone elf jester....OH DEAR i would just giggle myself into fits!!!!! so british!!! i mean look at BEAN!!!!! he never laughs or shows any emotion other than disgust and mock sadness..

Dreamingfurther said:

I blame it on Tieren... he's a bad influence... darned thread jacker...

hah! isn't that true... Anyways although perhaps a Stone Elf jester would be funny... would it be logical?

Dreamingfurther said:
hah! isn't that true... Anyways although perhaps a Stone Elf jester would be funny... would it be logical?
I would consider it logical if s/he was good at the skill of comedy and understood that other races take delight in laughing. Morale is a huge factor in fighting and the higher the spirits, the more you're going to get out of people. Just I think a SElf wouldn't take delight in the usual jester attire.
*Jinglejingle* /death_stares_bells *Jinglejingle* :D

You do have a good point though about moral. If there was no one else to fill the role more comfortably I could see a Stone Elf being a bit of a jester at least to keep others spirits up. ^_^

The raises an interesting question though... would a Stone Elf show emotion in a performance for the sake of the performance? Because it would be illogical to portray everyone else as emotionless. Especially if they were doing some acting or something. However perhaps they just wouldn't pursue that sort of entertainment themselves.

Dreamingfurther said:
You do have a good point though about moral. If there was no one else to fill the role more comfortably I could see a Stone Elf being a bit of a jester at least to keep others spirits up. ^_^

The raises an interesting question though... would a Stone Elf show emotion in a performance for the sake of the performance? Because it would be illogical to portray everyone else as emotionless. Especially if they were doing some acting or something. However perhaps they just wouldn't pursue that sort of entertainment themselves.
Even faking emotions causes Stone Elves do go into a most severe kind of mental pain. If it isn't deadpan, their brain might go deadpan.
To find out why, FOIG! :mrgreen:

EDIT: For an example of simply ROTFLMAO deadpan humor, look at the script for GLaDOS from the game Portal. She constantly points out things in a very plain fashion but uses such a vocabulary you just have to laugh.
GLaDOS said:
You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations.

I would be opposed to a Stone Elf jester. Why would any SE in their right mind want to burden other races with uneccesary emotion? They may feel it every day, but that doesn't make it good. A stone elf who says things that are funny without meaning to be humourous could be hysterical, but things like that are funniest when they are rarities.

Alor said:
I blame it on Tieren... he's a bad influence... darned thread jacker...

Awesome... this means I'm winning

I would tend to agree against having a stone elf jester...

I'm against a stone elf jester, but I have to say that I'd love to see a stone elf in a jester's outfit. You know a stone elf would wear one if it had a good amount of magic that required it to be worn to be used. They'd look at it as a necessary evil towards greater utility. Not that I'm volunteering, mind you.

Personally I think the best use for a stone elf is ritually marking them to look like ronald mcdonald

tieran said:
Personally I think the best use for a stone elf is ritually marking them to look like ronald mcdonald
That would be cruel AND unusual. :evil:

Yet still funny...

in fact more funny than if it were done to another race... ;-)

Back