Stone Elfs

Ren Suzume said:
The problem is, you're not allowed to bitch about the heat as a Stone Elf.

That includes when you're sweating so much that your make-up starts running and you look like a melting snowman. Hopefully I'll get that taken care of this coming season.

Good thing I can bitch about it here, though! :D

Ren Suzume said:
Libras said:
Another Stone Elf question. I haven't seen a single Stone Elf with facial hair. Do they not grow it like many other elves, or is it a choice? I personally shave before every event since a lack of facial hair just seems more "elf".

Telokh Amdo, played by Mike E, had a soul patch at the last HQ event. It looked pretty cool, and went along with the elven facial geometry quite nicely. (I do not have elven facial geometry, thus the gaunting of the cheeks with anti-blush. It has the unintended, but not unliked, side effect of making me look creepy.)

I have grown my goatee again so Telokh will have it at the next event.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Ren Suzume said:
Libras said:
Another Stone Elf question. I haven't seen a single Stone Elf with facial hair. Do they not grow it like many other elves, or is it a choice? I personally shave before every event since a lack of facial hair just seems more "elf".

Telokh Amdo, played by Mike E, had a soul patch at the last HQ event. It looked pretty cool, and went along with the elven facial geometry quite nicely. (I do not have elven facial geometry, thus the gaunting of the cheeks with anti-blush. It has the unintended, but not unliked, side effect of making me look creepy.)

I have grown my goatee again so Telokh will have it at the next event.

spock's beard!!

Evil Telokh?

I believe that the mere presence of facial hair = evil.

Hey! I resemble... I mean... resent that remark!

Don't you worry... I resemble it...

Telling jokes and making others laugh isn't the same as laughing or feeling emotions.
It would be as if we couldn't tickle people.
Stone Elf Jester's have been done, and then they turned out to be Vampires. So, if you see a stone elf dressed as a jester/joker, run. Or try to heal them.

I played a MWE for over a decade.
I have played Tempest for almost a decade with only a few years of overlap...

MWE are fun to play with lots of emotions. Don't like our attitudes, wait 5 minutes, it will change.
Trying to make the Stone elf you meet laugh gets old. And gets some people dead.
(I almost had to kill somebody on Libras behalf the one time I met him... But I had to walk away. Damned pink staff...)
Funniest Stone Elf moment: watching Roger H. try to make Onitt/Symerille laugh, and sticking chocolate cookies to his face by heating them up by rubbing them quickly on his face. I don't know how Onitt didn't explode.

Tempest said:
Funniest Stone Elf moment: watching Roger H. try to make Onitt/Symerille laugh, and sticking chocolate cookies to his face by heating them up by rubbing them quickly on his face. I don't know how Onitt didn't explode.

My moment: Anyone at the Vansir event last year knows Telokh (and others) got race-changed to a Barbarian as a ritual backlash. Yep, I became Celestial Templar barbarian. Anyway, roleplaying the after-effects of the surge of emotion when it wore off was great. Speaking of it later IG with Tom H. as Squire Ulthoc, his Barbarian, he asked me "So, how are you feeling now?" Telokh's response, without skiping a beat, obviously deadpan: "Not at all. Thank-you." Tom broke! The Stone Elf made the non-Stone Elf break character! I loved it! Kudos to Big Fuzzy.

Warning: slightly off-color joke ahead.

Dreath the stone elf was working the tavern in Ashbury one weekend and I came in as dwarven King Kelanor IV, who is, well, a dwarf. He stomped in, looked around, and said, "Whaddya got to drink around here? I'm dryer than a stone elf whore!" The entire tavern burst out laughing, mostly at Dreath, who managed to keep a straight face the entire time. Quite impressive.

haha that is pretty impresive he kept a strait face... =P

Re: Stone Elves

To help stimulate the topic; I've heard people compare in-game races to cultures in the real world. Dark Elf = Japanese is said a lot in Ohio; what would people compare Stone Elves to?

I have to agree Stone Elves are a one to one match with Vulcans... not sure in the real world though.

Although I have heard Dark Elves compared to Japanese and there are strong connections, especially the killing oneself over honor I prefer to take my Dark Elf'nes from Tolkien and the elves that never went to Valar. It has allot of depth for those who have read the Silmarilion.

oh and P.S. I did end up picking a Dark Elf celestial scholar, my costuming (red and black) really matched that better.

Dreamingfurther said:
I have to agree Stone Elves are a one to one match with Vulcans... not sure in the real world though.

Although I have heard Dark Elves compared to Japanese and there are strong connections, especially the killing oneself over honor I prefer to take my Dark Elf'nes from Tolkien and the elves that never went to Valar. It has allot of depth for those who have read the Silmarilion.

oh and P.S. I did end up picking a Dark Elf celestial scholar, my costuming (red and black) really matched that better.

Bah I say to Japanese DE's. Now German DE's that's where the fun is at! ;)

Justin H-
One of the very few non-Japanese Dark Elves!

paythin said:
Dreamingfurther said:

Bah I say to Japanese DE's. Now German DE's that's where the fun is at! ;)

Justin H-
One of the very few non-Japanese Dark Elves!

Um, in HQ we only had one Japanese based dark elf left...me. That's left over from pre-split. The other dark elves were Aztec based or unknown.

So there, German boy.

Scott

:eek:

Re: Stone Elves

Libras said:
To help stimulate the topic; I've heard people compare in-game races to cultures in the real world. Dark Elf = Japanese is said a lot in Ohio; what would people compare Stone Elves to?

This is funny since the Vandlar (Ohio) Dark Elves have only the barest, minimal, passing nod to the Japanese culture... and as a new chapter there is only one (now one 1/2) local dark elf... and no one can really say how they behave yet because they're rarely there...

Dreamingfurther said:
I have to agree Stone Elves are a one to one match with Vulcans...

The only thing you need to remember is that Vulcans learn to supress emotions by choice. Stone Elves MUST supress their emotions or else be in incredible, excruciating, physical pain. The only pain a Vulcan feels is mental anquish over "losing control", which is basically a learned response.

I won't go into details here, but if anyone wants to know why Stone Elves have no emotions, just ask Telokh, he has no problems telling the story to those with an interest. AFAIK It's from the national portion of the race packet so it should be the same for all Stone Elves, they'll just think it happened in their land.

As for real world equivalnet, I don't think there is one, at least in HQ. Stone Elves in Tar'Navaria live in the Anarchy of Saribdis. A place with no laws yet supreme order in society.

Back