The Rules of Adventuring.

155. If you spend a bunch of cash on equipment, expect to see a monster swinging Shatter damage within the next hour.

Fearless Leader said:
154. Never waste time negotiating with a hobling, debating necromancy with a high ogre, telling jokes to a stone elf, or sharing celestial spellbooks with a biata.
You'd be amazed how much time people are willing to waste doing all of these things. Except the necromancy one. The debate would go something like this:
Adventurer: Necromancy is a natural part of the magic otherwise it wouldn't exist and it doesn't harm anybody and chaosmancy isn't really necro anyway so there.
High Ogre: ... *pounds Adventurer into bloody pulp*

zehnyu said:
Not even.

They'd get out "Necromancy is a natural-"

*Squish*

-Ali

Depends on the Ogre. Lorgy would wait till you were asleep, drop a circle around your cabin, DFM your ward, set fire to the cabin and put up walls of force over the exits. These kind of 4am shenanigans are frowned upon by the local marshalls however, so follow his example at your own risk.
-toddo

156: Fire bad, tree pretty.

Toddo said:
zehnyu said:
Not even.

They'd get out "Necromancy is a natural-"

*Squish*

-Ali

Depends on the Ogre. Lorgy would wait till you were asleep, drop a circle around your cabin, DFM your ward, set fire to the cabin and put up walls of force over the exits. These kind of 4am shenanigans are frowned upon by the local marshalls however, so follow his example at your own risk.
-toddo

156: Fire bad, tree pretty.

toddo, have i mentioned before how much i love reading your posts? you just made soda go up my nose, good job. :lol:

Fearless Leader said:
154. Never waste time negotiating with a hobling, debating necromancy with a high ogre, telling jokes to a stone elf, or sharing celestial spellbooks with a biata.

However, giving 2 Stone Elves a list of jokes to recite while the town laughs, makes for great Tournament Entertainment.

I generally disagree with this list. The rules of adventuring are simple:
1 - Don't die.
2 - If you do die, die loudly.
3 - When dying loudly, scream out the monster and attack. "AAAAARRRGH, DAMN, YOU SWORD-SWINGING GOBLINS!!!"

Everything else is just some variation of those rules.

Sometimes those options are not open to you when 65 pounds of whirling Death Lord Rogue comes at you out of a bush and frightens you to the point where you have to NPC the rest of the weekend. This can happen to anyone, the manliest man playing this game had this happen to him at the last HQ event and he is probably going to exact bloody vengeance on me for going there at the next one.
-toddo

jpariury said:
I generally disagree with this list. The rules of adventuring are simple:
1 - Don't die.
2 - If you do die, die loudly.
3 - When dying loudly, scream out the monster and attack. "AAAAARRRGH, DAMN, YOU SWORD-SWINGING GOBLINS!!!"

Everything else is just some variation of those rules.

At least #2 here is the best way to avoid visiting the healer's guild. Even if they have candy.

Toddo said:
Sometimes those options are not open to you when 65 pounds of whirling Death Lord Rogue comes at you out of a bush and frightens you to the point where you have to NPC the rest of the weekend. This can happen to anyone, the manliest man playing this game had this happen to him at the last HQ event and he is probably going to exact bloody vengeance on me for going there at the next one.
-toddo

Tori was there? :lol: Because she scares the crap out of me when I NPC, nevermind when I PC.

phedre said:
Toddo said:
-toddo

Tori was there? :lol: Because she scares the crap out of me when I NPC, nevermind when I PC.

Yep, the beastie in question was Tori. The PC in question's name has been withheld in the interests of Toddo not getting beat up.

65 pounds... so it was raining and she was soaked? :lol:

That girl can roll the town with a base goblin stat card and 10 lives. You wouldn't have time to yell that you were being attacked if she's the one doing it.

157: Before attacking the strange shadowy thing outside, know what it is.

158: Always have a healer as a friend.

159. Make sure your healer friend has a healer friend of their own.

160. When the BBG stands there to talk...throw what ever you have at them. Once the fight starts they fall back into the "pocket".

161. When you figure out how many life spells your team has, make sure people know if they're all in one person's memory

162: When using Prison for self-defense, first wrap your arms around a tree to avoid being carried off by the enemy.

Toddo said:
-toddo

Previously mentioned 65 pounds of whirling Death Lord Rogue can also give you one of the most exhilarating tracking/dangerous late night hunting chances when you go backed up with Heresy, Meca-Findarth, and Aislen. :D

Back