Wide spread questions

Okay, adding on to the gobbies for spells, what's the going rate for adding spells into your book? Is it like 5 gobbies per level?

Goblins are worth one Copper per; adding spells to a Spell-Book costs a base two Copper per level per spell. So, adding a single First level spell through Goblins should cost two Goblins, a Second would cost four, a Third level would cost six, and so on. As such, a Full Celestial Spell book would cost 438 Goblins; a Full Earth, 386 Goblins.

Spell-Scribe.jpg

This is assuming Minnie is using the standard rate for Goblin/Copper/Spell-scribing. I dunno if they are.

John,

Where did you get your info from on costs to add a spell to a spellbook?

"The inks used in the writing of a spell book will cost approximately 2 coppers per level of the spell that you are copying. This may vary based on your local campaign’s economy. You cannot get your spell(s) authorized until you pay the requisite game money." (ARB pg. 99)

Heh. I've always seen it charged more, depending on the local economy, from 1s to 1g.

Oh, ¡gosh yeah! Most IG guilds I've seen start at 1s. This is just the "production cost" as it were.

yup, stupid IG guild price ups... :cool:

Don't knock it. It's one of the only ways for Merchants to make money anymore, what with Production Prices so well known.

That said, 500-5000% inflation says something serious about the actual function of the game economy compared to what's in the rulebook.

If I get a magic item I like, can I put a preserve on it to make it last longer?

I'm not a ritual expert, but I believe you can only preserve an "open batch", which means that you would have to use a Transfer Enchantment scroll to put the current rituals onto another item and then Preserve the transfer.

Davion said:
If I get a magic item I like, can I put a preserve on it to make it last longer?

If you "find" a magic item that has already been cast you cannot cast a Preserve Duration ritual on it to make it last any longer. While you could cast more rituals on that item, they would not be able to affect that ritual affect unless you are casting destroy magic rituals or something like that.

Preserve, and Permanence rituals can only be added to magic items to increase the length of time they will last within 5 minutes of the initial batch of rituals being cast.

On a side point, the "Boost" duration ritual can be cast on a batch of rituals in order to keep the "batch" open for 28 days instead of just 5 minutes. And during that time you can add any number of rituals to the item assuming you are not going over the 20 rit maximum for that item. However any of the "new" rituals you add to that item will need to have a Preserve or Permanence ritual added within their 5 minute open time limit or they will only last for the base 1 year.

Warlok said:
I'm not a ritual expert, but I believe you can only preserve an "open batch", which means that you would have to use a Transfer Enchantment scroll to put the current rituals onto another item and then Preserve the transfer.

Also while this is a cool idea unfortunately this would not work to increase the length of time the initial ritual would last. A transfer enchantment ritual is not a ritual with a duration and it does not "re-open" the old ritual that was transfered to being Preserved or Permanenced.

¿Can't you cast multiple Ritual-Loads on a single item with differing expirations? That is, if an item had 5 effects and a Permanence, ¿could you add another five effects and a Preserve? The second set would expire in the appropriate time period leaving the first set to persist? So long as you don't overtop the 20 Rit-limit?

PS ¿Does Transfer move ALL effects from one item to another or just One effect?

Mobius said:
¿Can't you cast multiple Ritual-Loads on a single item with differing expirations? That is, if an item had 5 effects and a Permanence, ¿could you add another five effects and a Preserve? The second set would expire in the appropriate time period leaving the first set to persist? So long as you don't overtop the 20 Rit-limit?

Yes

That's what I dig about you, Ryan - you make a single word into a conversation. Thanks :thumbsup: ¿Do you have a line on the Transfer question?

Not right now but that may be a FOIG answer because it deals directly with whats on the scroll and there is no other way to interact without the scroll

Mobius said:
PS ¿Does Transfer move ALL effects from one item to another or just One effect?

I know the old Transfer could only target all effects of the same school.

Would a Golem (or similarly shatterable creature) take a Stun Limb/Wither effect from "I summon a force to Shatter/Destroy your <limb>"? Or would they just take whatever damage they'd normally take from the spell and continue using all their limbs?

Just damage

Back