You know you've been doing Alliance a bunch when...

This morning at lab meeting:

When during a coworker's presentation of their data, you put your hand on your head (in front of your PI) to insert a quick bit of information about the coworker's project to the rest of the people in the room.

True stories:

One time, when I was a public defender in Boston, we had a drunk in the lock up who had been arrested the night before. The judge looked to me and said "Is he a PC?" For a second, my mind went "that's an out of game question, Your Honor!" and then I realized that meant the drunk had been put in jail for his own "protective custody."

Another time more recently, just after an event on an early Monday morning , I was asked by the judge a question which required a positive response, and I said "Aye" and then caught myself and continued "...agree!"

Kazura said:
This morning at lab meeting:

When during a coworker's presentation of their data, you put your hand on your head (in front of your PI) to insert a quick bit of information about the coworker's project to the rest of the people in the room.

I remember one time Heidi and I were watching some old movie and a guy came in dressed in a tennis outfit with a white sweatband on. "Why is everyone talking to him when he is clearly out of game?" we asked each other, laughing at the fact that we both thought of that as soon as we saw it ....

Fearless Leader said:
Another time more recently, just after an event on an early Monday morning , I was asked by the judge a question which required a positive response, and I said "Aye" and then caught myself and continued "...agree!"

Did the same thing in my AP Gov. class! I admit my mind was wandering. It was the Monday after an event that ran late!

"Miss Smith?!"

"Aye?"

I was sitting on a park bench when a woman walked by. She was fixing her hair or scratching the top of her head and my first thought was, "I need to ignore her because she's out of game."

Working on the Community of Practice Training Module for a client....

A CoP module.

....it takes all of me , often, to be like "I got this, no problem, but where the *^^$@! is the circle rep?"

-Ali

Last night I asked the gas station attendant to put 20 normal in my car...and then I couldn't understand why it was so confusing for him.

I prefer to think of vehicles as "41 Death"

I think the massive is more effective. believe it or not there are actually people out there who are immune to the "death" affect... :eek:

Yeah... we'll see how long that lasts...

Back