Wide spread questions

deoman said:
What exactly is a Death while regen/Css and how is it different from a normal death?
I'm not quite sure I grasp your question. So, I'll address as many facets as I can:

-If you receive a Death effect (the spell, the carrier, etc), or bleed-out while under the protection of the Monster's ability Regenerate, you move into your "death-count". Game Over. The monster ability Regenerate is usually just for renewing lost Body Points and not rising from death. That being said, some critters are also able to use a more powerful kind of psedu-Regenerate and can rise from their "death count" up to full body after X-number of seconds. Your Monster Mileage May Vary.

-If you receive a Death effect (the spell, the carrier, etc), or you bleed-out while under the protection of the Formal Magic Ritual Regenerate, you move into your "death-count". Game Over. The Formal Magic Ritual Regenerate does not protect from the Death effect or from bleed-out. However, if you don't receive a Life effect during your death-count, when you goto the Resurrection Circle you don't need to pull from the "bag of chance". That is, the Regenerate Ritual protects your spirit from the *percent* chance of Permanent death. The trade off is that when the Regenerate is cast, you only have a set number of resurrections before you immediately Perm - eg, you cast Regenerate and now have a guaranteed five (or whatever depending on the Ritual and your current death count) Resurrections before it's the final curtain.

-If you receive a Death effect (the spell, the carrier, etc.) while under the protection of the Formal Magic Ritual Controlled Spirit Store (ie. "Spirit Bottle"), nothing happens. The Controlled Spirit Store ritual protects you from the Death effect because your body doesn't contain a spirit to "Death"; alternately, if you are beaten down or otherwise set into your "death count" your body cannot be the successful target of a Life spell because your body doesn't contain a spirit to "Life" (on the flip-side, if your Spirit Bottle is Life'd/Death'd, you are affected appropriately). Once your "death count" has expired, your body dissapates and you resurrect at your Spirit Bottle normally. I believe resurrecting at your Spirit Bottle does demand you draw from the "bag of chance", but I'm unsure.

-If you receive a Death effect (the spell, the carrier, etc.) while under the protection of the Formal Magic Ritual or High Magic ability Spirit Store (ie. Master Construct or "golem"), nothing happens. The Spirit Store effect protects your golem-body from the Death effect because of the nature of Spirit Store - Constructs are just immune to some stuff. In most situations while under the Spirit Store effect, as soon as you hit -1 you immediately disspate and head to the Resurrection Circle: once a Construct is reduced below 0 hit-points, they do not get the benefit of a "death count". There is a High Magic ability which allows a person under the Spirit Store effect to "Body Store" and, instead of heading directly to the Resurrection Circle, the Spirit Stored character's body will appear at the feet of the disappating golem in their "death count" at which point they may be revived by the usual means.

¿Does that answer your question?

I believe he was referring to the death while regen/Css section listed on character sheets.

You need to worry about this unless you have a Regenerate or Controlled Spirit Store cast on your character, at that point it would be explained to you.

And John you are slightly wrong on the last three.

Togashin said:
I believe he was referring to the death while regen/Css section listed on character sheets.

You need to worry about this unless you have a Regenerate or Controlled Spirit Store cast on your character, at that point it would be explained to you.

And John you are slightly wrong on the last three.

yes, that was indeed what I was refering to.

Oops i meant don't.

Togashin said:
You don't need to worry about this unless you have a Regenerate or Controlled Spirit Store cast on your character, at that point it would be explained to you.

Are you allowed to have 4-5 level 1 spells or not?
Ive heard several responses but dont have anything concrete.

*edit: I meant without buying upward, sorry about that.

You can have as many first level spells as you like, so long as your spell column maintains the pyramidal form. So in order to buy your fifth level one, you would already need to have 3 level two, 2 level three, and 1 level four spell slot purchased.

For a weekend event we get 2 days of spells/abilities. What time is the cut off on Sat for "Day 1 abilities"?

I guess another way to phrase it is when on saturday do our spells/abilities reset?

Darkcrescent said:
For a weekend event we get 2 days of spells/abilities. What time is the cut off on Sat for "Day 1 abilities"?

I guess another way to phrase it is when on saturday do our spells/abilities reset?

Usually, its around 6pm, when logistics is opened up for day 2.

It depends on the event, Generally SoMN TRIES to do remem a little earlier due to our second day ending at 10-12 depending on site. For example this next event we'll be doing our darndest to remem around 4.

Speaking of this event, when will the gates be open this evening?

Edit: Never mind, just saw this in another post...

Lurin said:
On site starts at 6, please plan to arrive as early as possible as having a large number of people arrive at 8 pm to 'avoid the logistics wait' causes the wait most try to avoid ^.^

Game off will be at noon with us off site by 2.

can inter racial couples(like gorka and d'rezz) have children? and if so, what determines which race they actually are?

First of all, excellent example! The rulebook states that there are no half-races in Fortannis. If you have parents of two different races, their children will be one race or the other, not a mixture of both. However, I have seen people discuss maybe a different shade of skin color or perhaps white hair in this case. There are also race-changing effects in the game, so who knows what kind of wonky things might happen dring the magic of birth?

As for determining factors, it's up to whoever is playing the character to determine which race they want to be...if it's not a real person playing, then perhaps it would be a 50/50 shot just like real genetics?

-Luke

Alchemy: Elixers, can they be force fed by someone with no alchemy skill? I was told they can, just as a person without herbal lore can force feed potions or drink them themselves. I know we can't use them in food or drink though.

Potions, elixirs, and anything edible can be force fed by someone without skill. Just make sure that they are labelled somehow so you know what they are!

can you disarm someone with an arrow? Im guessing to do so would be like shooting them through the hand IG

You can most certainly use a PTD Disarm with a bow, you just throwing arrows til the PTD sticks or is deflected somehow (Magic Armour, Parry, etc.). You can use PTDs with any melee or ranged weapon.

So now that Gorka knows what a vampire charm feels like and that it is not a good thing, (made her die) Could she as soon as she feels the charm be cast on her may she cover her ears and go "LALALALALALALALALALALALA" so the vampire can't tell her to get killed agian?

the issue... is why would you have that reaction to someone who is now your friend?

DracoIam said:
So now that Gorka knows what a vampire charm feels like and that it is not a good thing, (made her die) Could she as soon as she feels the charm be cast on her may she cover her ears and go "LALALALALALALALALALALALA" so the vampire can't tell her to get killed agian?

Nope. The vampire is now your best friend in the whole wide world. A better friend than even Gubba. A friend you'd do anything for.

Back