Worthless Bits of Information We Like to Share

Check out the link I provided. While the tower may not have been intentional, the artist did admit to mistakenly drawing it in the shape of a penis because it was a late night. Note that following releases of the Little Mermaid have that particular tower either modified or covered.

The link I provided also discusses the S-E-X in the Lion King (which some people say is actually S-F-X), Donald Duck using a racial slur against Daffy Duck in Roger Rabbit (but is chalked up to the unintelligable babble that Donald is known for), and Mike E.'s reference to Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the cut corner on coloring.

More food related:

Honey never spoils. You could find a jar of honey in a recently unearthed tomb and, after making sure there's no dust on the surface, you could pop it in your mouth and eat it right there.

Raw honey (not the mostly clear stuff in the cute bear-shaped bottles) is antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial and a few others that I can't think of. Next time you cut your finger put raw honey on it instead of Neosporin (or similar). It's cheaper and works just as well, or better.

Raw honey also can help relieve allergies like hay fever. It has something to with the fact it still contains the pollens that trigger the allergic reactions. It helps build an immunity to the pollen in question. It helps if you can get honey that is made from the specific pollen that causes your allergy.

Alavatar said:
Check out the link I provided. While the tower may not have been intentional, the artist did admit to mistakenly drawing it in the shape of a penis because it was a late night. Note that following releases of the Little Mermaid have that particular tower either modified or covered.

The link I provided also discusses the S-E-X in the Lion King (which some people say is actually S-F-X), Donald Duck using a racial slur against Daffy Duck in Roger Rabbit (but is chalked up to the unintelligable babble that Donald is known for), and Mike E.'s reference to Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the cut corner on coloring.

More good Disney stuff at Snopes Some true, some false, some undetermined.

because honey doesn't spoile king herrod put his wife's deceased body in honey ...rumor has it that ....it kept her ...preserved...for later use

*pukes a little in hands*

Honey was found edible when it was unearthed in an ancient Egyptian pharaoh's tomb. Honey over 3000 years old.

Alavatar said:

SFX is for the special effects department that did the stars moving...

Bananas are actually herbs, and it is the banana that is the forbidden "fruit" in the Qur'an. In the Bible the fruit from the Tree of Knolwedge is NOT specifically named -- the tradition of it being an apple came much later.

How are bananas classified as herbs?!

Anyway...

There is a place in the world record book for the most telephone books ripped in half in one minute.

i met the guy who did it :D if its the guy from the 80s/90s from the Power Team...they used to hold the record. also the most hot water bottles blown up to explosion level in a certain amount of minutes too

sometimes when a mouse or rat dies inside the wall it smells like garlic....

this is completely worthless to everyone except me and my upstairs neighbor who are experiencing it..UGH

Back in World War 2, the Germans couldn't understand how the British pilots were so good at shooting down their planes. The British let it slip that they had been feeding their pilots lots of carrots, which are good for vision, and soon everyone was talking about the benefits of carrots on vision, and even today, mothers tell their children to eat their carrots to help their eyesight.

Carrots don't help vision at all. If you want help with vision, eat lots of spinach and leafy vegetables. The British made up the carrot story because they didn't want the Germans to know they had radar.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
fingernails and hair continue to grow a while after you die....

popular myth.

truth: your body dehydrates as it begins decomposition and your skin shrinks without the water, this leads to the recession of skin at your finger tips and scalp which makes it LOOK like your hair and fingernairs continue to grow.

well JEEPERS...how naive am i??? i swear...if i don't know stuff i just believe whatever someone tells me HEHEHEEH thanks for clearing that up!

Nome, Alaska was named when explorers asked a native what the place was called. The native answered "Nononome" meaning literally "I don't know."

Fearless Leader said:
The only time America has elected a convicted criminal to the Presidency was in 2000 and 2004, with the election of George Bush and **** Cheney, both of whom have criminal records for drunk driving.

A follow up to this:

That same party is now the first party to nominate candidates for President and Vice President who have both been found to have violated ethics laws.

thats okay according to bamaramalamadingdong he claims to have smoked pot..AND inhaled! hehehehehehehehehehhe sorry that was just makes me giggle.

there is a prostitute in the lineage of Jesus according to Bible records

hair and nails don't actually continue to grow, they cease at death. they appear to grow because as the liquids in the body settle the skin "deflates" and exposes more of what was already there.

yeah i know the other guy told me too...funny thing is here at work yesterday someone said something about hair and nails growing after death and i said "i used to think so too but aparently......." and i let them in on the info you guys just shared....

okay so there's a beatles song (come together) with the words TOEJAM FOOTBALL in the lyrics..>SO WEIRD....we looked it up...aparently...its when you roll your toe jam into little ellipsoids between your toes...the toes work as goal posts....so ...nasty....

A recent French study found moderate drinkers to have a 75% lower risk for Alzheimer's disease and an 80% lower risk for senile dementia.

Back