April 23rd-25th Convoy to Wayside (Chicago)

Jenn I think I have the solution! I love getting on site early, and well...I can put up with chris to say the least :D If its all good with the Crystal mobile! I could go with Chris and free up a spot for you in that car...she will be starting a little farther north.

And I would be more than willing to lend my GPS to that car so that you guys could have an easy trip :)

Let me know,
-Brent

I can confirm, Portillo's is amazing! I highly recommend the chocolate cake too!

EricMarsters said:
I can confirm, Portillo's is amazing! I highly recommend the chocolate cake too!

LOL thanks for the translation Rob! I wasn't sure what a "Portells" was.

Yes, Portillos is good. Good hotdogs, and really good italian beef. Although you don't have to go all the way to Chicago to get some. They are a chain and with a little google-ing I am sure you can find one closer to the event site.

-Ryan

I'm fine with whoever wants to hop in. I don't think I'll need the gps. Google maps has been good to me... that and I have my own gps should we really need it. I'm going to see if we can't take off around 11:15, worst case scenario we'll be leaving from Coon Rapids by noon. I'll let you guys know when I figure out the exact time we're shooting for. I'll probably swing by the local Starbucks (because it's close) right as we take off. It's kind of my thing- road trips require special coffee. So, if any of you guys are coffee fans we can all get it together instead of scrambling around at different places before making it to my car. I'll try to pack some snacks and maybe a game or two. Also, we can connect portable CD & MP3 players in my car if anyone has any good music. Sadly I also have a no rap rule but hey, that's what headphones are for, right?

Dr_Chill said:
EricMarsters said:

LOL thanks for the translation Rob! I wasn't sure what a "Portells" was.

Yes, Portillos is good. Good hotdogs, and really good italian beef. Although you don't have to go all the way to Chicago to get some. They are a chain and with a little google-ing I am sure you can find one closer to the event site.

-Ryan

Closest one to the site is in Naperville, near Paul's apartment, where many people gather to caravan to site.

EricMarsters said:
Don't forget to make sure that Dave knows to send your card, if needed.
Should I just email logistics and ask them to?

Hey! If it isn't too late, I'd love to get in on this action. What do I do? If pressed, I can definitely drive!

Terrel said:
satsukirebel said:
I also have a no rap rule

I LIKE IT!!!!!!

It must be a dark elf thing then :D I also like rap, lol.

(Of course that means that I would have to bring my dark elf out from retirement, heh)

Terrel said:
satsukirebel said:
I also have a no rap rule

I LIKE IT!!!!!!

I don't know what to say except... I'm sorry?

I have a pro-rock policy if that helps. I always found it helped me get in the mood with my Satsuki char.

Oh and yeah, headphones mate.

Give me a day or so to get the database updated, and pretend I have a life outside larp (you know, to fool my family and such) then send a request for your card to logistics@mnalliance.com Once you get your card, let us know how you would like to spend your build, and let us know you are going to Chicago, we'll then send your card to Chicago (and CC you so you know its done) and you'll want to send Chicago your specifics (Magic items you have, Spells your are preparing etc.) and they'll let you know when they've processed it and verified you don't have errors on your prereg.

If you are NPCing just let Chicago know at waysidelogistics@gmail.com with a simple e-mail I've included an example of an NPC prereg below.

"Dear Chicago Logisitics,

My name is David, I'm coming down with the good looking and charming group from SoMN to NPC,I have an allergy to onions. I'd like to credit the experience for the event to my character "Gypo-James" in SoMN.

Thanks!

David Clearlynotglaeser"

If you want, you can just use the SoMN form for preregging as it contains all the information Chi-town needs.

Considering I would have done my build expenditures with the SoMN logistics before you send the card, that means I would not have to include my build expenditures in my pre-reg to Chicago, correct?

Correct, all your changes should be completed before we forward your card down. Then after the game Chi-town will let us know how many times you ressurected (or I suppose teacher cards etc. but really its the number of ressurections :mrgreen: )

Don't mind Dr.Chill, he's one of them 'punk' old people you hear about with the shaved head and his hip hoppin rap music

lol. Hip hop is awesome. There's a point in music where it reaches the stage of "so bad it's good." I can handle old school rap, probably not 6 hours of it though.

And if you don't like rap Andrew then well, glad to hear it! This saves me a lot of debate. ^^

Lurin said:
Don't mind Dr.Chill, he's one of them 'punk' old people you hear about with the shaved head and his hip hoppin rap music

Watch out for my thumpin "swagger wagon"!

I find that I can appreciate multiple forms of music equally, although country tends to grate the nerves. Ironically though I find that mexican polka, while kinda country, is ok.

Ok back on topic. Timothy, if you are interested in going down to the Chicago event just let it be known that you want to go :) we are going to be sorting out the rides a little on the boards here in the coming week. To try and make sure that all the SoMN players that want to go to the Chicago Opener get there...without walking a bazillion miles.

Let logistics know that you would like a copy of your card emailed to you as soon as its up to date, than send them another email after you have looked it over with what you would like to spend your free build on! At this point SoMN logistics will have a nice shiny card for you to send to Chicago logistics...so they know the heck you are when you show up!

THEN preregister!!! This is vital, so that the folks down in Chicago know how many people are coming and have all of the prep work done way before game. Making your first Chicago LARP experience as great as mine was :) REMEMBER TO PREREGISTER! (even if you dont pay via paypal...PREREGISTER!...and pay at the event)

-Brent

Calling rap music "hip hopping" is sacrilege. Hip hop and rap are very different genres.... I got nothing against some good atmosphere or saul willams. Just figured I should throw that in.

On the note of people needing a ride. I have one seat left and would be willing to take someone just drop me a line.

Only a few more days to take advantage of the free gobbies for preregistering early or prepaying early for Chicago! Get it done by Friday at the latest for a potential 60 gobs - 30 for preregging and 30 for prepaying!

Back