April 23rd-25th Convoy to Wayside (Chicago)

Dave just wanted to remind you I wanted to ride down with you.
-Dawson

Quick update to the car list as I understand it currently.

So here are the current numbers as I see/understand them.

Car 1 - The Paige Mobile (4 People of a possible ????(please say at least 4, I don't want David to ride on the hood)) (Leaves....?)
1.) Paige
2.) Sam
3.) David T
4.) Brent Woodward

Car 2 - The Dave G Mobile (4 People, medium room for gear) (Leaves, by noon, possibly 11:30 am), Will beat the McGregor Mobile!
1.) David G
2.) Dawson Davis
3.) ??????
4.) ??????

Car 3 - The Satsuki Mobile (max passangers - 4) (Leaves....?)
1.) Crystal
2.) ??????
3.) Andrew C.
4.) Andrew W.

Car 4 - McGregor Mobile - Leaves by Noon

1.) Ryan B.
2.) Alexander T

Unassigned to Cars as of yet, But coming

1.)Jenn Sireno
2.)Chris Hamilton

Interested but unconfirmed
1.)Brandon M.
2.)Jack

Total 'confirmed' - 12, Total Interested/possible - 14

If you would like to confirm yourself to a car, simply post and we'll fill them up, I'm happy to take anyone able to head down mid-day Friday (leaving no later then noon ideally at 11 am) I can host in my spare room some folks if needed. Please note you won't be confirmed to a car until you confirm that you can come, so make sure to get those days off approved!

I'm relatively certain that Chris did say he was driving a car...
As long as my car doesn't break between now and game and Stephen doesn't end up with 4 sick co-workers, my car will be leaving between 4 and 6 pm Friday night.

Okay, the times are now set. The Satsuki mobile will open for boarding at 9:30 am, departing Coon Rapids by 10:00 at the latest. Overnight lodging on the couch or floor will be available should anyone need to arrive early. This should give us more time for pit stops, lunch, and set up. The Starbucks run still stands.

so i know of Mike, Maria and I up here who want to go to the Chicago game, anyone else? all three of us are more than willing to pony up gas monies.

If we can stuff ourselves into the back of the Dave-mobile, I know that I'm going to be taking off work and skipping classes...because I can make them all up. So I can leave whenever on Thursday or Friday, and I usually pack light, so...if we can, the three of us, possibly be stuffed in somewhere?

Also, Dave, can I borrow an NPC staff for Chicago, or do I need to find my own weapon?

I'm going to take of work that weekend and skip my Friday classes, so someone can get us probably whenever or we can meet you guys in the cities. I know that I myself pack lightly, and if Dave wouldn't mind having three other people, I don't take up a lot of room and I'll make sure Kitty doesn't either. Otherwise, any convoy that can make it to Chicago that would be able to take me and my friends, we'll make sure we don't make too much of a mess.

satsukirebel said:
Okay, the times are now set. The Satsuki mobile will open for boarding at 9:30 am, departing Coon Rapids by 10:00 at the latest. Overnight lodging on the couch or floor will be available should anyone need to arrive early. This should give us more time for pit stops, lunch, and set up. The Starbucks run still stands.

Do you have the route made yet because I figure if I'm in between you and Chicago you could swing by and pick me up.

Mine Hoosen

If Kitty and I and probably Emma can be shipped in the same car, we can either be picked up at mine and Kitty's apartment in St. Cloud, or we can meet in the Twin Cities at a to-be-determined location together. I travel lightly, so I won't be taking up much room....

Alright so I'm not sure who's going to end up with me in the end but if you're along the route from Coon Rapids, MN to Chicago, IL (you can gmap it for a general idea) then I have no problem picking you up so long as it won't be a long drive to do so.

Andrew: I don't think you're too far out of the way, so sure.

We'll be trying to finalize rides by Sunday the 18th or so (at least from my perspective) I'm not sure I can add another three people to my car comfortably for a drive to Chicago as I've already got one confirmed body. As the Event gets closer and we have a more solid idea of who is coming, its possible we can team a couple of cars to drive down together so we can keep the St.Cloudeds near each other.

As for the staff, I think I technically have one in chicago I left long ago, but thats effectively a donation at this point and I expect them to be employing all they have for NPCs as it is ^.^

this is just an update, maria and myself are fully confirmed, please contact either of us as soon as possible to make sure that we are where we need to be for which ever car is able to take either or both of us.

Darn it! I've got to get online more often! I've missed the prereg date!

I would love to ride in the Satsuki Mobile, if that is still ok. I also have the day off work, so getting together at 9:30 or so won't be a problem. I've been to Chi town events a couple of times using Yahoo maps. It works well. I'll bring one along just in case.

Jen

GabrielDigreoni said:
this is just an update, maria and myself are fully confirmed, please contact either of us as soon as possible to make sure that we are where we need to be for which ever car is able to take either or both of us.

I can get you guys down to the cities on Thursday if need be but right now my car looks full for the trip to Chi. I really wish I still had my van. =/

Patience said:
Darn it! I've got to get online more often! I've missed the prereg date!

I would love to ride in the Satsuki Mobile, if that is still ok. I also have the day off work, so getting together at 9:30 or so won't be a problem. I've been to Chi town events a couple of times using Yahoo maps. It works well. I'll bring one along just in case.

Jen

You only missed the gobby bonus. We're still taking preregistrations!

Robert Sachs
GM, Alliance LARP Chicago

-and I think you might still get the prereg discount but I'm not 100% on this.

I'm toying with the idea of renting a van for the trip now. The words "No LARP'er left behind" keep running through my head plus it'd help save my car some mileage. I'll wait and see if more spots open up. If not then the van is the plan man.

hold off on any drastic measures like that, I am sure that there will be a little room somewhere :) If nothing else cars can just be packed 5 tight...it sucks but its only a 6 hour drive! (and a stinky one on the way home!)

We will get a nice pretty updated list soon for all to see

-Brent

Emma isn't able to go, so it looks like only Kitty and I need rides. Would that work for the Dave-mobile?

Back